• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest flash player installed but window keeps popping up saying I need it installed

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried over and over again, installing, uninstalling the Newest Edition of Adobe Flash Player.  Even though the icon shows up in my programs listing saying its in the computer and that the installation was complete, I still get these small windows showing up stating I need to install the latest flash player when I want to view certain videos.  Is it in the computer or not?  Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Compaq Presario F700 32 bit computer with Internet Explorer 9 as defaullt browser. I have been having issues getting the flash Player to work....it keeps coming up that I need to download the Flash player when I try to view a video online,like off the weather channel or You tube. It IS in my program list when I open up Programs. sometimes videos come up, other times not. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, uninstalled it again and again, the screen says that it installed successfully but the window still pops up saying I need to install the newest edition. I have been having issues with my computer after updating a PC cleaner ARO2012, but this download is taken out now, Also when I put a recent update on the Weather channel, the computer froze up, otherwise it was doing pretty well yesterday. It seems like I have a problem with updates from companies, I noticed it twice that the computer froze up soon after.

Also I removed recent downloads thinking that was the problem but the issue still remains. I have done everything that Adobe had instructed in regard to trying to fix this. Even my Microsoft Fix it comes up with errors and I cannot run it. I am beginning to think that my computer is just old(over 5 years) and the downloads are being affected by my hard disc drive not working properly. I did a disc check and one time it stated I had a corrupted Disc C. But then on Startup repair it claimed to have deleted or fixed the problem. I get blue and black screens popping up on my computer often, saying that the program had to close to protect the computer. So I don’t know...I did everything possible. when I go onto the Adobe website.....that little screen they ask you if anything shows up on it to determine if Adobe is installed? Well...it shows up completely blank, not even a error message...but yet, the Adobe Flash player is installed in my computer according to my programs list. Ok, Hope I covered everything. S Lind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these symptoms indicate that something is wrong with your system.

Do you have a good AV system installed, and is it up to date?  Malware infection could be a cause.

Also, "registry cleaners" like the one you used often do more damage than good; stay away from them!

Regarding Flash Player on IE9, check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am suffering from a similar problem. I wanted to play this online game, but it said I couldn't because I needed to install AdobeFlash Player. So I downloaded AdobeFlash Player, and then installed it. However, when I tried to play the game, the site kept saying I needed AdobeFlash player. SO annoying! Please help! And just in case someone needs to know, my Mac is an OS X 10.5.8 version, and I have a processor of 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, and two Gigabytes of memory on my mac. Would appreciate someone's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@polamaluisboss - Unfortunately, since you are on 10.5.8 you are limited to using Flash Player 10.3.  There are certain websites that require 11.x.  Your only alternative is to convince the game provider (ie. website) to remove that restriction or update to 10.6 or higher to install the latest Flash Player 11.7 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines