Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using and creating swatches

Sep 1, 2012 10:15 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 1, 2012 10:15 PM   in reply to Community Help

If anyone wants a little more information on creating spot colors in CS6, Andy Anderson of InfiniteSkills has a nice Illustrator tutorial on creating a global spot color for print production. He also offers a bit of advice for those looking to create a distinctive brand through the consistent use of certain styles and colors:

http://infiniteskills.com/blog/2012/08/adobe-illustrator-cs6-tutorial- spot-color-and-swatches/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 4:02 AM   in reply to Community Help

This question was posted....

I don't see a question.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 4:06 AM   in reply to JETalmage

This is supplemental content we're encouraged to share with the community by Adobe. Since it shows up at the bottom of help pages where a lot of people go looking for answers, it's typically well received.

But with the new format throwing all Help article comments directly into the forums, I can see why it might seem a little out of place.

I can assure you that we're not out to fill the forum with meaningless posts (or SPAM), and if there are any topics you specifically are interested in (or that you think would be good for beginners), just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to chrisjohnsskills

But with the new format throwing all Help article comments directly into the forums, I can see why it might seem a little out of place.

And that's my point.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 4:22 AM   in reply to JETalmage

Adobe is working on a solution (as always), but they have indicated they'd rather have us keep sharing content than wait.

Since beginners do come through the forums quite a bit, it seems like we can leave it here for them while more advanced users get into even more nuanced topics in other threads.

Of course, whenever someone can add an extra layer of detail to a tutorial or has any questions, that's great too.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 4:40 AM   in reply to chrisjohnsskills

...but they have indicated they'd rather have us keep sharing content...

Who is "us"? Do you do everything "they" would "rather"you do?

Adobe is working on a solution...

The solution is to stop soliciting user comments to clutter up what should be simply the official product documentation. When I visit the documentation, I'm looking for that: a quick lookup in the official source documentation; not a bunch of comments from end users who may or may not know what they're talking about.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to JETalmage

Who is "us"? Do you do everything "they" would "rather"you do?

Chris is representing Infinite Skills, an Adobe training partner. He is correct that we at Adobe have given the OK to Infintite Skills -- and anyone else who knows of useful, relevant content outside adobe.com -- to post links to that content on Community Help pages and in the forums.

The solution is to stop soliciting user comments to clutter up what should be simply the official product documentation. When I visit the documentation, I'm looking for that: a quick lookup in the official source documentation; not a bunch of comments from end users who may or may not know what they're talking about.

We encourage people to post comments on those pages. I understand that you may disagree with Adobe making it possible for someone to post comments on the Help pages, but Chris is not the person to berate for that.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

Chris is not the person to berate for that.

I didn't berate Chris. I berated Adobe for the mess it has made of product documentation.

Chris is representing Infinite Skills, an Adobe training partner.

And how is someone here supposed to know that? Chris is indicated simply as "member." He mentions someone named Andy Anderson as being affiliated with something called InfiniteSkills.

JET

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to Terri Stone

I agree with JET. This practice is akin to buying a used textbook filled with yellow highlights and handwritten liner notes left behind by previous owners.

Seriously….who needs to see this conversation sitting at the bottom of the "Using and creating swatches" documentation page?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 3:24 PM   in reply to Frank Heller

I do!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 5:25 AM   in reply to Frank Heller

I do, too. Sometimes the original documentation doesn't address a question adequately, and help from other users in the community is welcome.

In a perfect world, there would be no need for further questions after reading perfect manuals, or any deficiencies in the documentation would be corrected immediately. In our real world, having some discussion to clarify things helps a lot.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to Community Help

@chrisjohnsskills Thanks for posting the video, I'm an intermediate cs user and it was still helpful!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points