I have made a new slide show with a dissolve transition and 10 sec delay.
All seems well everything rendered normally timings show correctly under each slide etc.
Show plays normally within Encore however as soon as I burn to disc it all goes wrong.
After the first two or three slides the whole thing just speeds up, instant dissolves all the way through.
Anyone any ideas what could be wrong?
Further to above.
Using Production Premium CS6 Windows 7 64 bit all software/drivers fully updated.
Slides are jpg (have also tried PSD) 193 slides used. (understand limit removed in CS6)
EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY IN ENCORE.
But when program burnt to disc the first two slides display correctly (dissolve transition) the third has no transition then all the rest have a very rapid dissolve.
I have created a new project in Encore and started all over again but with same results.
I seldom do SlideShows in En, but have done a few (back when there was a 99 slide limit), so am really thinking aloud here.
What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of the JPEG's/PSD's?
Do you have a music score in the SlideShow?
Do you have the function to Match Duration of Music (or similar syntax) chosen?
Did you add the same Transitions to each Image?
That is about all that I can think of now. I have never seen what you describe, but remember, I do 95% of my SlideShows in PrPro, then Export for authoring.
Dimensions show as 1621x1051 and 1075x1598. Jpg's.
All transitions the same. (type and duration)
Must admit never thought of using Prem.
I have just rebuilt the show again this time using three "slideshows" one for all 193 slides and two for 99 and 94 slides so as to split the show if required. (client wanted it that way) and so far that is working. I have used a shorter transition duration but do not yet know if that is relevant.
It seems Encore does not like being split into four parts.
I could not get anything to work at all when using the original scanned tiff's, simular size but much lager files size of course. I think others have had that problem reading some of the posts on here.
With the original fault the DVD player time counter was all over the place when the show was playing. (same on all my DVD players so not player fault)
Thanks for your help will make do with this.
Re the above
After further tests making a straight single slide show in Encore CS6 with 193 slide scans (jpg files) with a dissolve set at the default of 2 secs and a 10 sec slide duration I still get the above fault. (all things work in Encore but when burnt to disc only the first 2 slides display correctly then all the rest speed up, constant dissolves with no display duration). Maximum slide limit was removed in CS6.
However if I reduce the duration to 9 secs everything works as it should on disc.
Not tried longer duration yet.
Those pixel x pixel dimensions should be just fine. Where things get stressed is when one uses the dimensions, right out of the camera. Encore can do some Scaling, but is not the best tool, by a long shot, and one can also run out of resources pretty quickly, when using overly-large Image files.
Glad that you have found a workaround with the SlideShow Durations.
As for your Reply # 6, I am at a loss to explain why the Duration would accelerate. Maybe others will see what I am missing.
Europe, Middle East and Africa