• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder crashes on loading Workbench - Mac 10.7.4

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder crashes whenever it starts loading the workbench. Is there anyway to fix this? I searched for a possible solution and only found one, cleaning the workspace. I would try it if I knew where to go. This happened all of the sudden and I did nothing to flash builder previously.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Please try the following steps:

Rename the default workspace"Adobe Flash Builder 4.7"( on Mac it's located at /Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7) and try launching Flash Builder.

Even if this doesn't work. Please un-install Flash Builder and use the cleaner tool(from this location http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html ) to clean and re-install Flash Builder.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your workspace might have got corrputed.

Can you please try switching the workspace to a new workspace and try?

-Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I switch to a new workspace if the program itself won't load? I don't use Flash Builder as much as Flash Professional so I'm still learning the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omniverse Productions,

To switch to a new workspace, follow these steps:

1. In Flash Builder, select File > Switch Workspace > Other.
  2. Enter a directory name for the workspace.
  3. Click Copy Settings and select Workbench Layout and Working Sets to copy the workbench settings to the new workspace.
  4. Click OK. Flash Builder launches with the new workspace.

This TechNote should provide you more guidance in resolving workspace issues: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/workspace-issues-flash-builder-4.html

Hope this helps,

Mallika Yelandur

Adobe Community Help & Learning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a slight misunderstanding as I can't access Flash Builder. It crashes when it is loading the workbench. No error message happens it just quits before it finishes loading. Thanks for the answer though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, looks like I misunderstood the issue. I'll check if someone from the Engineering team can help troubleshoot your issue.

Best,

Mallika Yelandur

Adobe Community Help & Learning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you think reinstalling would work? That's one thing I just realized I haven't tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought I'd say that a clean reinstall didn't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following steps:

Rename the default workspace"Adobe Flash Builder 4.7"( on Mac it's located at /Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7) and try launching Flash Builder.

Even if this doesn't work. Please un-install Flash Builder and use the cleaner tool(from this location http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html ) to clean and re-install Flash Builder.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you plz tell me how did you fixed it? i am also facing the same problem like you did.. launching flash builder 4.7 and it closes immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have heavy problem with Flash Builder than you need to install fresh Windows or Mac OS X. I am sorry for that hard work to install process your computer... Than you try to start Adobe Flash Builder without crashing problem. If you don't like to install fresh operating system that is why Flash Builder crashed always. I don't know how does it fix my workaround is not better if your java runtime installed on Windows or on Mac OS X than you need deinstall and find and remove all undeleted directories and saved registry keys ( Windows only ). Than you need to restart and re install Java runtime again than you need to re install Flash Builder include correct serial keys than you try it ... PS: If you find /Users//Library/ApllicationSupports/ "Adobe Flash Builder" or "Flash Builder" than you delete directory and you try Flash Builder again. Thanks i hope my solution helps you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This Flash Builder 'not responding' set me back by 3 days - finally got it resolved.

Tried all of the above solutions, and other solutions on the net, without success.  But the following worked for me:

Symptom: Everything was fine until I factored out common code from one project into a library project (called CommonLib) so that the code be reused across apps.  Then FB would hang whenever I tried to edit MXML, both in source and design views.

Cause: The mxml's had some cross-library dependency interplay. For this app, I use RobotLegs along with AppCoreLib, AppUILib, and the problem-causing CommonLib.  Things went bad when I pulled out common mxml's (StackView and StackContainer - my replacements ViewStack on mobile apps) from AppUILib into CommonLib.  Whenever I tried to view any mxml extending either of the above classes FB used to hang.

Solution: I moved common stuff from CommonLib back into AppCoreLib; pulled out these two mxml's back into AppUILib project - and FB went back to normal operation.

FWIW, this is the error log when I went into design view:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor 4 1 2012-10-31 09:28:44.951

!MESSAGE Error in handleValid() in MXMLDesignView4Controller:

!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.internal.MXMLDesignView4Controller.getMXMLDesignView4Commander(MXMLDesignView4Controller.java:2398)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.internal.MXMLDesignView4Controller.handleValid(MXMLDesignView4Controller.java:2232)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.internal.MXMLDesignView4Controller.handleAdd(MXMLDesignView4Controller.java:2212)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.internal.MXMLDesignView4Controller.processEvent(MXMLDesignView4Controller.java:2163)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.internal.MXMLDesignView4Controller.modelChanged(MXMLDesignView4Controller.java:2141)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.doNotifyChanged(DesignModel.java:361)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.notifyChanged(DesignModel.java:276)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.endNotificationBatch(DesignModel.java:201)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxmlmodel.inlinestates.internal.SMXMLModel$MyBaseModelListener.modelChanged(SMXMLModel.java:336)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.WeakModelListener.modelChanged(WeakModelListener.java:79)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.doNotifyChanged(DesignModel.java:361)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.notifyChanged(DesignModel.java:276)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.endNotificationBatch(DesignModel.java:201)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.endEditBatch(DesignModel.java:236)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.designmodel.DesignModel.refresh(DesignModel.java:72)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxmlmodel.inlinestates.internal.SMXMLModel.refresh(SMXMLModel.java:113)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.MXMLDesignEditor.refreshSkins(MXMLDesignEditor.java:1873)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.MXMLDesignEditor.checkProjectSettings(MXMLDesignEditor.java:3380)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.MXMLDesignEditor.access$26(MXMLDesignEditor.java:3277)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.mxml.editor.design.MXMLDesignEditor$10.runInUIThread(MXMLDesignEditor.java:3269)

at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(UIJob.java:95)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4140)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3757)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:108)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else who happens to run across this issue, I found on more than one occasion that the two quick steps on this page have solved my problem with Flash Builder hanging while loading the workbench:  http://propagandaoculta.blogspot.com/2011/06/flash-builder-hangs-while-loading.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slewfoot303 wrote:

For anyone else who happens to run across this issue, I found on more than one occasion that the two quick steps on this page have solved my problem with Flash Builder hanging while loading the workbench:  http://propagandaoculta.blogspot.com/2011/06/flash-builder-hangs-while -loading.html

Had the same issue, deleting the .snap file did the trick. Saved me a lot of headache reinstalling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted booth the lock. and snap. files. Now flashbuilder restarts but it hangs when refreshing the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2013 Feb 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next you can try is to create a new workspace and reimport your projects there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When there is no .snap file deleting all <editor> elements in workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench\workbench.xml did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

claudius wrote:

When there is no .snap file deleting all <editor> elements in workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench\workbench.xml did the trick

This did it for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

claudius wrote:

After hours of googling, this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this solution cured the problem for me. I think the workbench corrupted when my flashbuilder 4.7 crashed mid session...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2013 Apr 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey I got the same problem as Omniverse Productions.

I got a workspace called "_as" on other path from the original file"flash bilder4.7"

when every I change the workspace to "_as", it's crash with out any messenge.

but relaunch builder,it's already memorizee the new workspace,so it's just keep crash without anything can do.

here's how I deal with it:

1.delete the "cascaded" file in the file "flash builder4.7". (I don't know the cascaded file is generate by default or because I'm doing something with cascaded data with xml)

2.then now can relaunch flashbuilder with default workspace.

3.try to builder a new workspace and import all the project.

hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem now for several years and the best way I've found to get around dealing with this is to copy your workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench\workbench.xml file and keep it as a back up after you get everything set up the way you like.  Then any time this stupid problem happens, just go and replace it with your backup. It will work like 95% of the time. Sometimes I just copy that whole folder as a backup but either way, should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. If you are using PC. This worked for me

go to , and delte everything in this forlder: C:\Users\User\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workaround is not good idea. I have found trick

My workaround is very better tahn workaround by Harikrishna-Adobe  or who has written?

I have got crashing or shutting Flash Builder 4.6

Java RE 1.6 works fine and VC++ Rentimes under Windows works fine.

Flash Builder was happend since fragementable hard disk.

You need to download or to buy Tune Up Utilities 2015 and you start TuneUp Defrag cprrect hard disk ( Where did you install Flash Builder like X:\Programs\Adobe\Adobe Flash builder 4.6 )

If you see after result of defragemented hard disk ( If you got fragementing and light fragementing like 0,x % ) You need to defrag again and again.

Your hard disk must be 0% for fragement and light fragement and 100 % for defragment! It is very important!

And you would like to check TuneUp Hard Disk Doctor - If your hard disk got same read /write errors than you need start TuneUp Hard Disk Doctor and it restarts to verifying and repairing. ( If you have Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 than you take up to 2 hours ) If  disk-repair restarts again you need to abort ( like you switch your button of computer ) than you wait before boot starts and you press F8 faster than blue system screen ( original new version of Windows 8 )  CLick "Advanced options" -> "touble ..." -> Advanced start -> F9 and press faster with enter before you don't wait for hard disk repair / verify time. than you need wait for... thaaat Windows starts up and you try Flash Builder 4.6 with valid serial number again and Flash Builder doesn't crash again like it works fresh

Thanks for help and support I am using Windows 8.1.

For Windows Vista / 7 you could task of my workaround in Windows 8.1. I hope my help can be fine for you

Sorry you say for Mac OS X. You need to check Disk Util -> Volume repair / verify

If you got error from Flash Builder like Java Preference.app.

Warnning do not delete it!

You need check from Disk util -> Website -> MPG - How To Guides - How to Verify/Repair a RAID Volume

Than you need restart Mac OS X than you try Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 again if your App doesn't crash again. That is trick by fragement

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines