Skip navigation
S3bous
Currently Being Moderated

significant delay of "navto" command based buttons in Adobe content viewer iOS

Sep 4, 2012 5:28 AM

Hi,

we've got a problem with buttons created by "navto" command, when it's targeting a different indesign article which contains a lot of other buttons, it reacts with noticeable delay (like 3 sec and then it starts loading the page). It depends on number of buttons in the arcticle we want to switch in not the overall size of the file (it could be 2 times larger with no difference).

But when we tested it in folio viewer on PC or on Android OS it worked perfectly fine. Only iOS (iPad) suffers from this.

Thanks for any ideas

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 4, 2012 5:31 AM   in reply to S3bous

Which iPad are you testing this on?

I've done some pretty complicated layouts with navto links without seeing an issue but we're targeting iPad 2 and the new iPad.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to S3bous

The low memory state can also be the result of having too many applications running at once. Shut down applications you are not actively using to free up more memory.

How to free up memory on your device

1. From the home screen, double-click the Home button to display recently used applications.
    2. Tap and hold one of the applications until a red minus appears above it.
    3. Tap the red minus for all apps that are not currently needed.
    4. Tap anywhere above the list of recently used apps, to return to the home screen.

Laxman

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to S3bous

How many buttons are on the target page? Can you e-mail me a copy of the source and destination InDesign documents so I can pass them to our testing team? It may take a bit, but they'll look at them and if we have a performance problem in this situation will open a bug so we can address it in a later release.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to S3bous

I'd actually like the InDesign documents. Can you send them to neile@adobe.com? Thanks!

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Share the folio too, now that I think about it, so I can try it on my device.

Thanks!

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points