• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 10 installer seems incomplete on Ubuntu Linux

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing coldfusion 10 on Ubuntu 11.04. The installer asks me a limited number of questions and then begins the install process. When the faux progress bar is finished i don't get any type of message saying success or failure. I just get dumped back to the command prompt. The install log says the installation was successful with errors. Attempting to start coldfusion gives a permission denied error.

Some of the things I was NOT prompted for before the installation began:

server configuration or J2EE?

install subcomponents(docs, solr, .NET integration - in fact it jumped right to WHERE to install solr)

admin password

enable RDS

enable secure profile

configure web server or built-in?

I WAS asked about OpenOffice

I WAS asked about automatically checking for server updates.

I WAS asked where to install coldfusion

Has anybody seen anything like this? Does anybody have a clue as to where to go from here? Besides R&R (Refund & Railo)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get any sort of reply to this?

Did you ever resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously I didn't get a reply here, but I called Adobe and got excellent help. What happened is that the installer does what I would call a system check and then asks you if you want to proceed with the installation. Some of the responses that I got from the "system check" sounded less than positive, but I assumed that since the installer was giving me the option to proceed, that I could deal with these later. This turned out to be a big mistake. The lesson learned is that if you get any messages that seem like they might be errors, cancel the installation and address the issues they reflect. I also had trouble identifying the apache files that cf 10 needed to know about so I had a hard time linking cf with apache, but a guy in my office was more experienced with apache and was able to straighten me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation