Skip navigation
statikcat001
Currently Being Moderated

AAMEE msi created file is not installing

Aug 27, 2012 1:33 PM

Hi everyone. I am trying to create a msi from various Adobe Products we have at work. I am using AAMEE 3.01 which I belive is the latest. I am trying to package Adobe InDesign CS6.

I run through the basic options and the MSI is created. So before I upload the package to the server I need to test it out. I run the msi in silent mode via CMD and nothing ever happens. So I edited the MSI in InstallShield and removed the requirement for it to be ran silently so I can do some monitoring. From here, I run the MSI and click next a few times and then it begins the install process. After a few moments it says "copying files" and then proceeds to "rolling back" and disappears. At some point the install is encountering an error and failing but I am not sure why. I can install the product fine on my machine by using the .exe I built the package from.

I also installed and created a log but I cannot find any good information from it but I am no expert and the log is very long. Any suggestions? The machine is Win7 64b and I have tried making packages in 32 and 64b and the same result. The installer never even gets far enough to the point of creating the folders on the C drive.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to statikcat001

Hi,

Can you please specify the command line you used to install the AAMEE created packages. The command line should be -

msiexec.exe /i <path of msi> /qn.

With these parameters the msi should run fine in silent mode. I would strongly suggest you to not go and change the msi to allow UI based installation because it is not supported/tested by AAMEE.Please use only silent mode for installation. Also, make sure that you launch the command line with administrative privileges to install the msi. If things dont work out, please email me the PDApp.log file at skatariy@adobe.com. the PDApp.log file is formed at the temp location. You can find this folder using %temp%\PDApp.log (if msi is run from logged-in user account) OR [BootDrive]:\windows\Temp\PDAp.log. (No user logged in).

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Member of technical staff | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 10:05 PM   in reply to statikcat001

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are facing problems. Please mail me the log file I have mentioned above at skatariy@adobe.com

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Member of technical staff | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to saranshkatariya

Hi Saransh,

I am having a similar problem with Adobe CS6 Master Collection

I am trying to finish an image to deploy to four computer labs at a school.

The MSI install worked the first initial time. But now...

I get nothing. Eventlog says two entried Beginging and Ending MsiInstaller (Event ID 1040 & 1042).

No [BootDrive]:\windows\Temp\PDAp.log file anywhere.

Yes, I have a command line with administrative privileges to install the msi.

I have tried to deploy this MSI in silent mode using the following commands:

• msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress
    • msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /quiet REBOOT=ReallySuppress
    • msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /qn
    • msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /quiet

What's wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 10:53 PM   in reply to shaypadd68

Hi,

If installation was done in logged in mode then PDApp logs will be created at %temp%/PDApp.log

thanks,

Rahul

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 9:24 PM   in reply to statikcat001

Hi,

The log file is created when you build the package and also when you run the the msi. If you are deploying in logged in mode just type %temp% in your run command and you will find this file in the temp folder.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to statikcat001

I am having this exact problem with CS6 Design & Web.  Used AAMEE to create the msi, ran from an admin login using the prescribed command line.  The msi runs for a while, but nothing is ever installed and no program folders are created.  I attempted to run the msi not in quiet mode for testing purposes (did not edit msi, just ran without the silent switch) and I see the same thing--install starts, progress bar begins to move, and then it stops and rolls back without explanantion.  Any help would be appreciated!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to cjmuller79

Hi,

Can you please send the PDApp.log file created at %temp%/PDApp.log. This will help us debug the issue.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to saranshkatariya

Same behavior for me, installing Audition CS6.  I only get the log file if I remove the "/qn" switch., so I don't know if it's useful.

-John

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to John V Sullivan

Hi,

Please send the PDApp.log file created at %temp%/PDApp.log. Mail me at skatariy@adobe.com. This will help us debug the issue.

Thanks

Saransh katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 4:31 PM   in reply to saranshkatariya

Hi Saransh,

I am having the same issue as everyone. I have already emailed the PDApp.log to your email address.

Thanks

Kulwinder

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to statikcat001

RIght click - Run as admin. UAC prevents msi from installing if you don't do this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points