Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Renew your Subscription"

Aug 6, 2012 1:40 PM

We purchased a monthly subscription of Creative Cloud at the end of May that runs for a year, but after a while we get this window saying "Renew your Subscription" etc when we try to use any CC application.  The only way to get around this is uninstall every one of them and reinstall them, only to have the same problem a few weeks later.  Why are we getting asked to renew our subscription when there is still another 9 months to go? Our credit card is being charged every month.  In 'My Adobe', it informs that we have "9 months before renewal" and that our subscription is "active".

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to KiwiFan

Hi KiwiFan,

The software does need to confirm the license status every month (requires internet connectivity), this typically happens silently in the background. If this status check process is requiring you to reinstall the software to resolve something is not normal. How many times has this occured? When was the last time? Did you contact our support the last time it occured?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to David__B

This is just bloody ridiculous. I too got this message, interrupting a project on which I was concentrating. The message was "Your Paid Creative Cloud membership will expire on 08/14/2012. To continue, update your billing info or add a prepaid card." Well guess what? Adobe has my bloody billing info, and the card to which it's being charged doesn't expire until 2015. This is just bloody ridiculous. Adobe needs to get its bloody act together and stop harassing its customers.

(In reading this, substitute the word bloody with the adjective of your choice.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 4:23 AM   in reply to KiwiFan

Hi,

This happened to me at the start of this month. I'm very confused. I have been on holiday for 2 weeks (returning on 9 Aug) to find all of my apps not working on my mac. Checked with my bank, no application has been made to take money out by Adobe and all seems well with 'My orders' on the Adobe.com CC site.

Please does anyone know what is going on?

Hope you get somewhere with this!

K

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to KiwiFan

Hi KiwiFan,

Sorry for the delay.

Based on your description it sounds like something is preventing/clearing out the changes made to your system when going through activation process and potentially blocking access to the activation server.

I would work through this document

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html

- Does your user account have full local administrative rights?

- What anti-virus software do you use?

- What firewall software do you use?

You asked "When the software does confirm the license status, are we aware at all that it has or is being checked?". It will try automatically in the background the first 7 days (a the 30 day renewal time) if this fails there is no message. After this it should go into the grace period for 7 more days and at this point tells you that it needs to internet connectivity and to renew your subscription.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to KiwiFan

Dave,

I don't know your location but try phoning Adobe. You'll get put through to a call centre somewhere in Asia but they can see everything with your account and one chap actually helped me. OR using Twitter, I made an angry tweet to @adobe_care who then dealt with my issue as well.

Hope you get a better service soon

Karen

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to Karen_Cowell

I have had the same issue.

I have wasted over two hours on chat with support/help people that are unhelpful.

what I know is Ive paid for a service and Adobe continue to take my money and deny my access to software I have purchased.

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE who can HELP?????

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 3:50 AM   in reply to KiwiFan

Monthly subscriptions must check your payment status (wich is normal) ,some problems can occur if you use a different Adobe ID when you are asked to connect to verify you subscription or you have a proxy problem .

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to arij2010

Seems to me that if the problem is as you stated, support would clear that up in seconds.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 1:06 PM   in reply to Hudechrome

Sorry to necro-post, but I'm having this problem now on one computer (it was working fine 2 hours ago), and not on another computer. The problem with this is that one is an old x86 computer with Photoshop and Dreamweaver and the other one is a newer x64 computer that's running the video editing stuff.

Edit: I chose "License This Software" instead of Try Again, and when I relogged into the same account (I definitely didn't type it in wrong the first time because I haven't typed it in since the first time I did when I installed the software), it worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to EddieBarrettSeatCo

you should work for adobe... it worked for me thanks now i dont have to wait 2 days for Adobe to take 2 hour to fig out

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to Jawon Whetstone

I had the same problems, I think. Our company credit card's date had lapse on my Creative Cloud account. I logged on and updated the payment info but still got the message when I launched any Creative Cloud programs. I had to "Activated Subscription" when I launched Photoshop. I'm not sure if I was in Photoshop or the Adobe Subscription manager at that point. It was a windows with "Activate Subscription" in the bottom left corner. Anyway, that did the trick and now everything runs as it should.\

~m

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to EddieBarrettSeatCo

thanks.  after a software update had this issue.  This was driving me crazy for an hour while trying to figure out how to contact them..  thx

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to nclpearson

Generally a Renew your Subscription issue will have two possible underlying causes.

1) Your computer is not able to complete the required license check, this occurs at different times depending on the type of subscription you have, for yearlong subscribers it occurs every 99 days, for monthly subscribers every 30 days.

A good test for determining whether something is preventing this license check from completing is to go to this webpage:
    https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/

Do you get - Congratulations! You have successfully connected to Adobe License Management Server.

If not, it usually means something is blocking access.

If something is blocking access, the troubleshooting steps in this document will often help; commonly a firewall or hosts file is the cause

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html

2) Something prevented the monthly billing from happening as expected.

Generally, in this scenario you will receive emails letting you know that Adobe was unable to bill you due to some kind of issue with your credit card. The charge should occur the same date each month.
    You can check your payment history to see if the most recent payment has occurred as expected following the process described here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/print-creative-cloud -receipt.html

If the most recent payment hasn't cleared or you received email notifications regarding an issue with your credit card, double-check that your credit card info is valid and up to date.

See the I want to change the credit card on my account section:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/membership-subscript ion-troubleshooting-creative-cloud.html

If your credit card info is valid and you weren't charged as expected, I'd recommend contacting Adobe customer service. There is a chat button at the bottom of the above document.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to David__B

Hi

I am having a similar problem, my Photoshop subscription is unable to bill me for this month Happned 2x now.
    Please help, it is only 4 days left.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 7:43 AM   in reply to KiwiFan

i had also been plagued by this aweful creative cloud subscription issue.  in desperation i signed out of the creative cloud menubar item (settings/preferences/account/signout). i then relaunched the app i needed, it asked me to sign in through the pesky subscription popup, i then WORKED! seems like a good temporary fix until adobe solves this..

good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2014 11:15 AM   in reply to KiwiFan

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2014 1:46 PM   in reply to Chad Baker

no, this is no use. ive deleted the apps, used your cleaner app, reinstalled.. and am still having this subscription issue. a colleauge of mine is also experiencing this and have gone through the same procedure with no results. this is becoming a waste of company time

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points