Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Approval Status of Adobe Content Viewer - v22

Sep 4, 2012 7:51 AM

Hello everyone,

Here is the current status of the v22 Adobe Content Viewer approval at the various application marketplaces.

StoreSubmission DateApproval Status
Apple App Store (iOS)Resubmitted August 27, 2012Approved
Google Marketplace (Android)August 7, 2012Approved
Amazon Marketplace for Android (Kindle Fire)August 7, 2012Approved

I will update this post as each submission moves through the process. Remember that pro and enterprise customers can create their own v22 Adobe Content Viewer using Viewer Builder, and that you can continue to create folios for previons versions of the viewer after updating your tools by setting the folio version in the new folio dialog.

Thanks!

Neil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 16, 2012 9:28 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

thumbs up!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 2:25 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Hello Neil,

will the iPhone only binary problem also be fixed, with the app crashing problem in 2x mode on the iPad ??

if not, is there any timeframe for this fix.

thnx

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 8:59 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

hello neil,

we are working on a large project where we need an iphone only binary, because there is already a native ipad binary with the same nearly the content, so a dual binary will be rejected by apple.

does this problem occure only with sprint 22 binarys or sprint 21 also ??

thnx

michael

ps: may I CP your answer in a conversation with mr. tukker and mr. risdal ??

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 12:28 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

I have exactly this problem where my folio shows "Update Available", but I'm not able to open it. Any idea when the update will be available, or how can I go back to V21?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

To Neil Enns - Adobe,

Is it not possible to offer the custom Viewer Builder for all levels of DPS saving users future problems if the Adobe Content Viewer is not approved quickly through Apple.

Also were are the current details on how to build a custom viewer.

Regards

Vividi

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to vividi

Only Pro and Enterprise customers can create a custom version of the Adobe Content Viewer.

Instructions for building a custom content viewer:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS9293e1fb3b977c5c-6 373a356134d312f091-8000.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to vividi

That is something I really would like to see. It would be great to be able to create custom viewer builders also as free member.

Another thing (this should only be for Pro/Enterprise) would be the ability to change the name and icons of the custom content viewer.

[edit] @Bob: This was a request/question, not a fact.

Message was edited by: Anselm Hannemann

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe
    Thanks Neil, but I'm a "poor" single-folio user who cannot build a custom viewer. So, I'm supporting vividi's suggestion to open the custom viewer builder to all levels of DPS to avoid situations like this. What makes matters worse is that I'm on a Windows system and thus have not the option to directly display the folio on my iPad for testing purposes as the Mac users have (that's another sore point) , which leaves me with just the Content Viewer on my desktop - not an ideal option.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 1:06 PM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Fixed my problem

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to pmotif

Whilst I appreciate you may be a "poor" single -folio user, try to think of it from my point of view as a pro-user that invests thousands of £ upfront, it's good for me to have a bit of differentiation. Sorry, but I agree with the current Adobe policy. Just a comment to give a balanced view.

Cheers

Alistair

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 4:16 AM   in reply to mobly

Any news about the adobe content viewer v23 für ios?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)