Skip navigation
roberttk1967
Currently Being Moderated

Where are the Project files locally on Android

Sep 2, 2012 11:21 AM

I had to copy all of the files off of my Galaxy Tab and reset it.  Now I want to move the Project files onto my new Galaxy Note 10.1 and I don't know where they are located in the Android file system.  Please help.

Thanks,

Robert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 2, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to roberttk1967

Would like to know this myself as searching/browsing via a file manager didn't produce any results.

I suppose we could all just export them as PSD files or something similar but if they're brought back into PS Touch, they'll be flattened.  : /

|
    Mark as:
  • greule
    416 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2012 12:35 AM   in reply to roberttk1967

There is no easy way to access the PS Touch project files at Android file system level. I would recommend to sync your files to the Creative Cloud so that you can access them very easily from several devices.

-

Guido

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 5:57 AM   in reply to roberttk1967

Hi,

roberttk1967 wrote:

Why would these files be so hidden?

Robert

This is part of the way that Android and iOS work.

It is part of their security model to avoid other applications to access documents/data that they didn't create.

There are apps out there on Google Play that can handle backup/restore but I'm not sure how good they are on non rooted devices.

The easiest way to handle your problem is to follow greule's advice and use the automatic sync.
    If you try it out - do not delete the files on the origin before they have been completely synced to the destination device though.

Hope it helps,

Ignacio

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 10:17 PM   in reply to ibarrien

ibarrien wrote:

Hi,

roberttk1967 wrote:

Why would these files be so hidden?

Robert

This is part of the way that Android and iOS work.

It is part of their security model to avoid other applications to access documents/data that they didn't create.

There are apps out there on Google Play that can handle backup/restore but I'm not sure how good they are on non rooted devices.

The easiest way to handle your problem is to follow greule's advice and use the automatic sync.
    If you try it out - do not delete the files on the origin before they have been completely synced to the destination device though.

Hope it helps,

Ignacio

I'm sorry - but while this is more or less correct for iOS, it's entirely incorrect for Android. .

All Android devices either have internal user storage that appears as an "SD" card (although it's not actually a card) or an external storage mechanism that typically is an actual SD or micro-SD card that is exposed as a storage device when the Android device is connected to a Windows system using a USB cable. Most modern Android devices also allow connecting external storage in the form of USB keys and even NTFS or FAT hard drives via their OTG USB port.

Android puts absolutely no restrictions on what apps can write to any of these. For example, the Camera app can let you choose to store all your photos on a removable storage card such as an external SD or microSD card.

There is simply no technical reason Photoshop Touch cannot let the use store their projects on the SD cards and have full access to it.

BTW, you kind of missed his actual problem. He can't actually sync anymore. Repeatedly asking him to do this is kind of pointless since it's not possible for him to do this. Especially when it shouldn't even be necessary to do it. Not everyone wants to put their work up on someone's servers. In short, the advice you're giving him is bad.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to roberttk1967

Hi Robert,

I understand your situation.

Since you didn't find our advices helpful - please post it as a request in the Idea section about how you would like to have this handled.

Thanks,

Ignacio

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points