Skip navigation
ShinyDawn999
Currently Being Moderated

Selective combining between files with odd and even numbers of pages

Sep 4, 2012 3:09 PM

Hi all! First of all, i hope this is the right forum for my question. It has been asked before, but not fully answered. My problem is combining multiple pdfs with adding a blank page only to the ones that contain odd numbers of pages, the ones with even numbers should be left alone. I need a fast and automatic way of doing this so i can save huge amounts of time when faced with massive numbers of files. If this simply cannot be done, is there a way of sorting all the files so that, from the whole group, only the ones with odd numbers of pages go to a specified folder? Like this isnt enough i have the same problem when converting, lest say, multiple word files into 1 pdf file using pdf factory.

Thanx in advance! also, any other way to go arround this problem is most welcome!

Cheers!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to ShinyDawn999

If you have Acrobat X Pro., you can run this Action that will automatically insert a blank page when the page count is odd. It's downloadable from the AcrobatUsers.com Actions exchange.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to ShinyDawn999

You could easily edit the existing Action to include a step to rotate the second page but it would be more work to add the conditional part about determinng if the second page was landscape first.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to ShinyDawn999

It would require knowledge of some JavaScript to determine if a particular page was landscape and if so, to rotate it. You could try asking in the JavaScript forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to ShinyDawn999

If you have Acrobat Pro, create a "blank" Action and run it on those files.

They'll automatically be converted to separate PDF files.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 9:01 AM   in reply to ShinyDawn999

Yes, you understand correctly. That error means there's a problem with your

installation of Acrobat, and you should try to repair it.

As to the time it takes, there's nothing much that can be done about it,

except maybe play around with the conversion settings...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to ShinyDawn999

You could also use the File > Create > Batch Create Multiple Files command and this will save each Word file to individual PDF files. You'll still need to make sure that your PDFMaker Add-in for Word is properly installed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points