Skip navigation
gpiaget111
Currently Being Moderated

How do I re-download something from Adobe Applications?

Sep 6, 2012 6:28 AM

Tags: #adobe #applications #cloud #re-installing #programs #rented

The downloaded apps are greyed out.  When I have to reinstall I can't

Also, I can't download Actrobat at all.  I had a 30 day demo installed which I completely erased, but it still tells me my license has expired.

Those India guys are nice and they try, but they are no help at all. 

Please help  ---  Gerry

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to gpiaget111

Hi Gerry,

I would double-check to ensure the apps were not already installed by checking in the Applications folder (Mac) or Start Menu (Windows)

For Acrobat is has to be installed through the Adobe Application Manager and the trial version has to be removed with the uninstaller

Uninstall Acrobat X in Mac OS®

In Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers, select the Acrobat X Uninstaller and double-click it.

Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall Acrobat.

In the Authenticate dialog box, type the user name and password for an administrator account and click OK.

Note: The uninstaller removes only Adobe Acrobat X files from the system.  It does not remove Adobe Reader files, Acrobat user data, or files that are shared with other Adobe applications.

(Optional) Move any Adobe PDF Settings files that you created from the Library/Application Support/Adobe PDF folder and drag the folder to the Trash.

Uninstall Acrobat X in Windows®

Open Control Panel > Programs and Features (Vista/Win 7) or Add/Remove Programs (XP)

Find the entry for Acrobat X, select it

Click Uninstall and follow the on screen instructions

I would double-check that it got removed after running the uninstaller in Applications folder (Mac) or list of installed software (Windows)

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2012 4:34 AM   in reply to gpiaget111

The solution of david will normally resolve the problem,if not:

-Try to delete the cache.db file in this place : HD\Library\Application support\Adobe\Adobe PCD\Cache\cache.db ,you must reactivate your subscription after that.

-The other way is to install it in another language,you can change the language from you application manager preferences.If you have french version try to choose "canadian french" or if you have english version try to choose europeen english.This manipulation will reactivate all products downloads.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points