it's been 5 years since i've used flash so i'm working off the rust in my memory as to how to use this program.
i'm using Macromedia Flash MX (yea i know it's old) to do a video project with commentary. which is suppose to consist of 8 scenes (Intro, Highlights, Main Event, Replays, Main Event Continues, Replays..etc).
Scene 1 and 2 plays perfectly! i was so excited that i still had my skills after all this time... but scene 3 seems to be a problem child :/
So far all scene 3 consist of is word animation (all done in flash) and the Main Event which is 3 minutes and 34 seconds long original size is 720x480 rescaled to fit into a box on the scene (540x360), it's in avi format 756MB big and when importing i had to import the audio seperately and i also had to keep the quality of the video at 100% because the audio just wont sync right at anything less of 100% quality. i should also say that the flash project size is 854x480.
The Main Problem:
when i try clicking on "test movie" to see how well it flows i get an error "There is not enough memory" but i could view scene 1 and 2 when i click on "test scene" of course when i try clicking on "test scene" on scene 3 i get the same error.
So i decided to seperate the scenes into indiviual *.fla files and deleted all the files out of the libary related to other scenes but i notice that the size of the *.fla file remain pretty much the same after performing this task and scene 3 still have the error.
Spec on Pc Being Used:
OS: Windows 7 32-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentinum(R) D CPU 2.66GHZ 2.67GHZ
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentinum(R) D CPU 3.00GHZ 3.00GHZ
ah after typing all of this i just remember that i was able to play scene 3 in the beginning when i try to use 50% quality but the audio won't snyc correctly so i can only assume that flash can't handle the size of the avi file and it needs to be compress to a poorer quality before before working but i have audio problems because of it.... man i'm so tired can any give me a solution that helps me out without having to reduce the video to a poor quality and at the same time keeping the audio snyc.
thanks for your help in advanc,
Using the AVI file format is from the same era as you left Flash .
What version of Flash are you using now? Please don't say MX... Back in the day of MX a 700MB video would be enormous. Even today in CS6 Flash is known to crash on large imports of that size. Out of memory seems just right.
Your first job would be to get the video into a format that's pre-compressed and library compatible, FLV (if you're using an old version of flash). That can be imported or played externally.
But first things first, what version of flash and what version of ActionScript (2.0 or 3.0)? If it's an old version and/or AS2.0 and you can provide me the 7xxMB AVI file I can compress it down using professional tools to a decently sized FLV ready for playback or import. It's not going to look as clean as MP4 H264 but I'll use On2VP6 Pro and hope your version of flash supports it. Otherwise I do have Sorenson Spark Pro which I know it will support, although the quality will take a big dive.
yea i'm using MX flash version is 6.0 and as is 2.0. yea i'm starting to realise that the size is the issue. i have a few converter programs i'll have a little play around and message you back with the results. thanks for your input! hehe learning something new with each fail attempt
You're asking for it with that version . Good luck on the conversion but do note that up to version 9 in AS2 I've had several audio sync issues with the FLV container. It's not a magic bullet. Exporting for flash player back that far isn't helping you. Grab a 30 day trial version of Flash CS6 and you'll see the huge difference but you still probably won't import the FLV very well. If you grab a trial of a suite then it will come with Adobe Media Encoder which can easily do a good job of converting that AVI into a FLV. Although I prefer Sorenson Squeeze myself.
epic fail! but i found a few work arounds.... still using flash with some of the scenes then exporting them and merging them with the other scenes with the problem scenes via video editing software working out better than i hoped for! sorry it took so long to reply i was just into what i was doing and just came out of my cave for some fresh air.
It's basically a proxy. They're not bad (using pre-rendered video in replace of dynamic), it's just at odds with making changes. Any changes require re-rendering/replacing/importing. At the end of the day it's all about what gets the job done though. Glad you got it working and good luck!