Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update available

Sep 6, 2012 1:36 AM

The Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update is available. There are a lot of bug fixes in this update, as well as HiDPI functionality for Retina Display, some new supported GPUs, and Windows 8 certification.

See this page for details:

http://bit.ly/PremierePro602

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2012 1:42 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks Todd.  So just to be clear (and prevent me needlessly rushing to update):

• No fix for the AVCHD spanned clips problem?

• No fix aimed at the major Mac crashes so obviously rooted in the CUDA accelleration?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 1:47 AM   in reply to ExactImage

Thanks a lot Todd - you guys rock!!!!

Can't wait to get home and try it out!!

Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 2:19 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks Todd.  I updated.   I got the Serious Error dialog within around 10 seconds of enabling CUDA

|
    Mark as:
  • Admiral Cook
    169 posts
    Jul 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2012 2:40 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks for your hard work.

However, I'm dissapointed that none of these are fixed in this update:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019730

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 4:44 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I was happy to notice that you've added GTX680 support. Thank you very much.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

only 6.0.1 no 6.0.2 from your links, I want to dowload once as I have a few machine to update.

Darren

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

No offence but the Approved List of GPU's Really starts to look absurd when a 650M card is added to the supported list for Macbooks but the 670M, 675M, and 680M  are excluded even though they have equal or better specs but are PC laptops only. There is already enough confusion on the supported cards. This really just creates far more and looks silly.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Further performance degradation. Rendering with CUDA degraded by more than 20%. Direct export by around 100%. Nice job.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to ExactImage

This seems a very bad update. Since the 6.02 upgrade I have a lot of "serious error" messages and I've seen a huge performance degradation...

Ivan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to ECBowen

Is Adobe moving to the MAC platform only...???

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to terri\'s fav

God, I hope not.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to terri\'s fav

At first, I got excited about true GTX680 support. However, there is no performance gain. Just like everybody else, I am experiencing performance degradation.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I'm sorry but this "update" is such a load of horse manure! Bug fixes? What fixes? You haven't fixed anything. All my projects are totally trashed, most audio is completely de-synced, mangled or playing from a different clip altogether; Mono clips show up as Stereo and play in random channels; audio is not showing up in video clip or I get static "shock" and yet the audio is there and all fine viewed in anything else (thank God for that at least); carefully applied Luma Corrector now suddenly produces some washed out crap. What in the blody hell Adobe, this isn't some damn OSS project, people pay good money for your crap for professional work and to make a living off of. And ... it now crashes even more frequently than before (and it was already pretty ridiculous). I'm facing 3 weeks of completely wasted time and I just want to curl up in some corner and cry.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to Arsinn12

Do you know where your Media Cache files are located? If so go there and then Select all and then delete them. Create a new project changing the Render and Playback mode to Software MPE. Go down to the Project bin and select import. Change the drop down to Adobe Premiere Pro Projects. Select one of the Projects that is messed up and then select import selected sequences. Just import 1 sequence. Doubleclick on that Sequence to open it in the Timeline. See how the Sequence audio looks and runs then after conforming is finished.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

God, I hope not.

*like*

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to zuccon123

OK I found the performance issue with 6.0.2 atleast so far that I am seeing are the Hyperthreading cores are not being utilized on Windows. I will list the registry changes below. Unfortunately these will not work on OSX.

I will also insert image so you can see the registry locations for each.

Type Regedit in the search. Go to the following location

HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Change the Large System Cache from 0 to 1. Right Click on Large System Cache and select Modify. Change Value data from 0 to 1 and hit ok.

System Cache.jpg

The Core parking requires searching for the Following Registry Key.

0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583

- Go to Regedit

- Find this key by selecting Edit and then Find at the top:- " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "

- Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax "

- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able

- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero

- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system

CoreParking.jpg

So Far the Playback performance after those changes is back to normal.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to ECBowen

Hi Eric. I hope you let Adobe know about this wonderful fix. Im not comfortable enough with Windows to start mucking about at this level. Hopefully they will release an update that includes this fix ASAP!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to lasvideo

I forgot to Include that you have to restart the system after you make those registry changes. Nothing changed in the registry is live until you restart.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Sweet! I enabled MPE GPU acceleration on my Mac Pro with GTX 285 and so far no "serious error" messages.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to ECBowen

For me, I can now scrub a Timeline of a RED sequence and see a bunch of frames go by.  This didn't happen before!  I used to drop frames like mad.  My CTI isn't jumping around for no reason.  The timeline plays when I hit play, and the CTi goes home the FIRST time (not the fifth) that I press the home key.

Yay! 

Sorry some of you are having crashes.

Thanks, Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to ECBowen

I am seeing are the Hyperthreading cores are not being utilized on Windows.

Not seeing that here.  All threads are still fully utilized under 6.0.2.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 7:21 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

I am seeing are the Hyperthreading cores are not being utilized on Windows.

Not seeing that here.  All threads are still fully utilized under 6.0.2.

Here also all threads utilized.

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 7:50 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I get a serious error every time I open Premiere after the update.  I reinstalled and updated again and that's the same thing.  Now I've reinstalled 6.0.0 again because I have to have a working NLE to work.  I'm running on a MacBook Pro retina 2.3GHz.  Any help would be really appreciated.

Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 02.35.39.png

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 8:17 PM   in reply to olafurjon92

Trash your prefs, preview files, and all your caches.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd,

The key word in your post is "some".

Why did you include the GTX680 but not the GTX670? As far as I can tell they are pretty much the same, and the 670 works for me. But I have to keep hacking the file and it is getting pretty annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:10 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Already did.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 1:01 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi Todd,

will it fix the problem I have http://forums.adobe.com/message/4620748#4620748 I do not want to download and install if the problems are not sorted out.  As one of your staff stated on the above thread that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. It is 4+ months since the upgrade and still no results. I ask one question will ADOBE refund my CS6 upgrade as it would be better to go back to 5.5?

Why waste time on Win 8 certification if things dont work correctly with Win 7.

Darren

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to Darren Hall

My initial optimism has been quashed.  After working with 603 on Mac 10.7.4, I've learned this:

Loses video often (screen goes white), forcing a relaunch.  Sliding a ProRes4444 with alpha clip is one cause.  Inserting a Title from the titler is another cause. 

Goes into Not Responding on Quit - 100% of the time.  Must ALWAYS Force Quit to exit the app.

Serious Errors still occurring frequently.

Adobe MUST provide us a method to downgrade back to 6.0.2.  I can't get any work done when I have to force quit Pr every few minutes and relaunch the app.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to UlfLaursen

If you are not seeing the Poor threading, what video cards do you have?

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to ECBowen

I am so thrilled this update has fixed the bug I was experincing when I made 16 channel mono files into regular stereo. The files would play at very low levels in the source monitor but fine in the timeline. I'm extremely happy this has been fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

I've had this problem for a while.  Though it doesn't stop responding when I'm working,  only when I Quit.  If that bug can be solved it would be really appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

Jim Curtis wrote:

Goes into Not Responding on Quit - 100% of the time.  Must ALWAYS Force Quit to exit the app.

I have to modify this claim.  It was Not Responding on Quit after I'd gotten the white screen (which is still  frequently).  If I quit while the app is "behaving," it quits normally.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Jim Curtis

I had a complex sequence that was cut on PP CS6.0. After updating to 6.02 about half the clips on the timeline showed "Media Pending". This was after I watched all the media get indexed and loaded.

I had to create a new sequence and then cut/paste the problematic timeline into the new timeline. Then all media was visible and played back just fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:43 AM   in reply to lasvideo

I luckily had no pending projects on the PC I updated, could imagin something like this happen, but great that you got it sorted out.

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Outputted H.264 files are not functional since the 6.0.2 update.  Have tried outputting to several H.264 presets with no success.  I've been forced to output to .WMV before using Handbrake to convert to H.264.  This isn't ideal to say the least.

Core i7-2600k

16GB Ram

GeForce GT 430 (forced GPU compatibility)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to Nemysys23

Strange - I just tried to make an H.264 with an HD 1920 x 1080 preset, and it went fine, so I don't think it is a general problem.

Ulf

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)