Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign Help | Addition of Hunspell dictionaries in CS6

Sep 6, 2012 12:44 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to Community Help

i am using InDesign CS6 from a Creative Cloud subscription

on my machine, the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Linguistics folder does not contain a "6.0" folder; i can create that folder and its subfolders and the bundle indicated, but there is no Info.plist file to edit, which means i can't complete these instructions; is there another location, or a place where i can download the Info.plist file so i can resolve this problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 12:52 PM   in reply to garbanzito2

Wrong Library. The ~ indicates the user library, you want the OS X library.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

thanks, that's clear - machine domain, not user domain; confused myself since Adobe mirrors much structure both places

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to Community Help

OK, this works, but not only is it technically too difficult for many general InDesign users, it is risky also. It would be really great if there was an easier and safer way to add dictionaries - say, exactly like you do it with hyphenation additions to existing dictionaries.

Instead of going into a bundle (at least on MacOS we need to do that) and updating the plist file, why not simply use the add button to add another search path do a dictionary file?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 3:09 AM   in reply to Community Help

The instructions above make sense, but I don't understand this:

"Add a string element wth value  in Info.plist to the Spelling Service and UserDictionaryService Element and/or HyphenationService element.Depending on the operating system, the file "Info.plist" can be found at different locations:"

1. I don't have a .plist file where the instructions indicate it should be. (I do have an AdobeHunspellPlugin.bundle file(

2. If I had such a file, I believe I should add the string in a text editor program, correct?

3. Exactly what should the string say?

If anyone can help me solve this I would be very grateful! Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2012 11:29 PM   in reply to AOKachergis

Adobe's isntructions assume you have some somewhat advanced technical knowledge:

1) AdobeHunspellPlugin.bundle is an OS X folder that looks like a file; you'll need to right-click and choose "Show Package Contents" to drill down to the plist file mentioned

2) the plist is an XML file; it can be edited with a text editor or an XML editor (e.g. Apple XCode); the string elements in question are part of a group which starts as follows (at least in my info.plist), you can infer the structure of the element to add from the existing elements:

<dict>

<key>HyphenationService</key>

<array>

<string>bn_IN</string>

<string>gu_IN</string>

<string>hi_IN</string>

<string>kn_IN</string>

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 4:07 AM   in reply to Community Help

Please help.

I have already read carefully and do the instruction step by step, but still there is no Indonesian dictionary. I try many-many times but still there is no Indonesia dictionary in preferences dictionary dialog. Can any body try it on their computer and show me that he succeed install Indonesian dictionary. Thanks in advance

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to garbanzito2

Thank you very much! It's working!

Anne

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 12:50 AM   in reply to Community Help

I need to add the Afrikaans dictionary. I followed all the steps above and still cannot make it work, please, can you come up with an easier way or post an update for Indesign 6 with all the languages or at least give a choice. I am South African and we have 11 official languages.

Thans

lvg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points