• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Procedure on how to Automate Flash Updates

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that because Flash is used so universally,  it can be a target for hackers. I appreciate it that Adobe provides regular updates to  safeguard my computer from attacks. Yet the frequency of update messages makes it pretty annoying to got through the same procedure and how it steals focus to do it! When the last update installed it was right in the middle of a presentation!!! I prefer Firefox Portable and yes, I know some browsers download to a separate update window and Firefox, both Desktop and Portable/Key versions are not an exception.

However until I have completed the  Flash update installation, because I can't find a way to automate it, given I answer the same questions in the same "Yes" manner, every time, I find myself wishing for and always on the lookout for a Flash substitute that I can automate!

Unless i've missed a setting, I see no way to stop this nagging, so can anyone help with this?

Geez, can't turn off italics in this posting area... seperate issue, but, like focus-stealing update nagging, I can't seem to turn it off!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this thread to the Using Flash Player forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can we assume you are on a mac?  this may be fact of life. 

one alternative that i can think of is to disable auto update.  this essentially disables any notification.  you would need to keep track of updates manually if you choose this option.

the procedure is outlined in the Admin Guide here: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flashplayer/pdfs/flash_player_1...

search for AutoUpdateDisable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I’m on W7 Ent 64 bit

Phil Sergent

Marshall University Information Technology

Systems Programmer for IT Infrastructure Systems

Drinko Library 422a

One John Marshall Drive

Huntington, WV 25755-5320

304/696-3689 (Desk)

304/696-3601 (FAX)

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on windows, i was told the notifications only trigger after a restart.  if you are looking for a solution to roll out player as an admin, you could use Background updates from an internal server.  search for that term in the admin guide.  this soultion would do updates without prompts i believe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Admin Guide? Don't know that I've seen a link to it, could/would you mind?

This going to save us LOT of headaches and from user complaints. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Phil Sergent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the link to the pdf should be in my first post.  adding again here: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/f lashplayer/pdfs/flash_player_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines