I have been successfully downloading and reading EPub files on my Kobo Touch for months now. However, after the recent upgrade to the Touch I have been having some challenges. I follow the same procedure as always to download library books to ADE and then drag and drop the file to the KoboeReader icon in the ADE screen. ADE says the file has transfered and the book shows in the Kobo library in ADE. When I disconnect my eReader and turn it on the books do not appear on the Touch. Any suggestions?
Note: I did try de-authorizing and re-authorizing my Touch and it didn't correct the problem.
Old software proverb: if it worked before an upgrade, but doesn't
afterwards, something in the upgrade changed how it works. I have a
feeling, since DE didn't change, that KOBO's upgrade messed you up. Try
contacting them to see if they can help you. I'd hold my ground also -
KOBO may try to tell you that it's DE. DE didn't change.....
Well Kobo says it is not their problem cause it is not a Kobo book. The tech walked me through all the steps I had already done and then tried to tell me it was my library's fault. Way to pass the buck Kobo Support.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Wait a minute! I said the SOFTWARE upgrade may have messed you up - not
the ebook/library book.
Try doing a 'factory reset'. Sometimes, these things forget who they are -
especially after being massaged by their manufacturers.
If that does not work, then shame on KOBO for passing the buck. Although
it might be non-productive, calling KOBO support and talking only about the
software upgrade might get you different answers. The result is that you
can't read the ebook - not a problem with the ebook itself.
Sorry. I think you misread me. I know you said the software upgrade messed me up and I agree. It was Kobo Support who said the ebook/library book that caused the problem. When I called Kobo Support to see if they had a fix they told me it was my library's problem. I kept going back to the software upgrade and all the trouble shooting I had done - including the paperclip in the back - but the tech just kept getting me to do the same things over and over. You were spot on that they would try to place the blame on something other than their upgrade but they didn't blame ADE. The tech didn't have any new suggestions . I eventually gave up on her and took the device back to its like new settings, unintalled and reinstalled all the software on both my device and pc. It is working now but unfortunately I lost a couple of books. Thanks for your input.
I have same problem but get helpless help from Kobo. Am about to ditch the Kobo altogether. Everyone seems to be at fault except Kobo.
I see the epub file on the reader (sent via Adobe digital) from my PC but do not see it from the Kobo Desktop reader. Adobe digital shows clearly it is on there. Guess they may just be locking us into the Kobo books only.
Well they have lost me if they have. I am already having heaps of problems with it re conflict with ID in USB drivers with windows 8. To eject or finish my activity I have to power down my computer. otherwise windows 8 freezes. Of course Kobo says it is Microsoft. ho hum. just wish someone on this forum may be able to help. if not my Kobo is about to kiss my hammer.
Europe, Middle East and Africa