Skip navigation
Leo Vago
Currently Being Moderated

Switch over opened Bridge windows

Sep 4, 2012 2:48 PM

In all past versions off Bridge (in Mac), I can switch over opened Bridge windows by pressing command + ` (or ~). This functionality aparently is gone in CS6. What happened? Is there another shortcut for this now?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 5, 2012 5:18 PM   in reply to Leo Vago

Not a Mac guy so "switch over opened Bridge windows" does not compute for me.  What are you trying to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 9:17 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Long time Mac user here, but I have no clue as to what the OP is talking about either.

I can imagine he means something like "Cycle through open Bridge windows",

but "pressing command + ` (or ~)" even in CS4 does nothing at all on my Mac despite having more than one Bridge window open. 

I searched the Bridge CS4 Help PDF, since the CS4-specific help is not online anymore (shame, Adobe!  ), and found no shortcut and no reference to cycling through or switching open windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to Leo Vago

The mac command to switch to open window is command - shift - tilde.  Is this what you are looking for?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to Leo Vago

Leo,

I'm still a bit confused, in a way:

Leo Vago wrote:

I mean navigate through open Bridge windows. In example: create 2 news files in Photoshop. To cylce through this files, press Control + Tab. This is the system default shortcut…

I can confirm the behavior you describe re [Control+` ] or

[Command +` ] in Photoshop and its not responding in Bridge.  I had never used that keyboard shortcut in either program.

I am puzzled by how you get two "open windows in Bridge" in the first place.  That's a situation that I can certainly artificially create, but I never encounter it in a normal workflow situation, so I can't envision how you end up there.

Why Adobe removes things or why there are difference among various Adobe applications are questions that Adobe is not usually interested in answering, as proven over time.  My suggestion is that you put in a feature request for future releases.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 5:25 AM   in reply to Leo Vago

Note that, on the Mac version, both [Control+SHIFT+` ] and [Command+SHIFT+` ] in Photoshop work exactly the same to cycle through open windows of the application.

Message was edited by: station_two

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 5:27 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Curt Y wrote:

The mac command to switch to open window is command - shift - tilde.  Is this what you are looking for?

I can confirm that works, Curt! 

Leo,

I can confirm Curt is right.  I just tried it in Bridge CS6 on my Mac running under snow Leopard 10.6.8:

Command+Shift+Tilde does work to switch to another open window!

Note that, on the Mac version, both [Control+SHIFT+~ ] and [Command+SHIFT+~ ] in Photoshop work exactly the same to cycle through open windows of the application.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Please note that I edited my previous post.

Of course, COMMAND+SHIFT+~ is identical to COMMAND+SHIFT+`.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to station_two

station_two wrote:

Curt Y wrote:

I can confirm that works, Curt! 

Whew!  Finally got a Mac command correct!  Thanks for checking staion_two.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points