Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems activating CS6 apps

May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a creative cloud subscription.  I logged in on Friday, downloaded the new Adobe Application Manger and downloaded CS6 applications using hte Applicaiton Manager.   Now, when I want to use the apps (i.e. Photoshop, Dreamweaver...) they only launch in trial mode.  When I try to "license this software", I am presented with my Adobe ID, asked if I want to log on, and then am required to enter a serial number.  Cloud subscriptions don't include serial numbers.  So how do I get out of trial mode?  Yes, I have a working internet connection.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the same Adobe ID that is tied to your Creative Cloud subscription?  Do you have any other Adobe Creative software currently installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I have used the same email address for both my Creative Cloud and my Adobe accounts.  I have all CS6 apps installed.  They are  stuck in trial mode except for Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have my CS5 apps installed...that I don't want to uninstall until I know that the CS6 apps are all working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a test we can perform before trying to remove all of your Creative apps but first I would need to know which operating system you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X v10.7.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem on my Mac, same OS version.

Some apps have been possible to activate but some won't, e.g Illustrator and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you can try going to Library/Application Support/Adobe and moving the following folders temporarily to your desktop:

AdobePCD

caps

Then try launching your CS6 applications again.  If this works then please delete the newly created folders, uninstall all of your Creative applications, make sure those folders are deleted as well, and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not seem to change anything.

I moved the listed files to the desktop.  I then launched Photoshop CS6.  Once again I was given the choice to either continue to the trial or license the software.  Selecting license the software still logs me on and then asks for the serial number.

I will be quite disappointed if I need to uninstall and reinstall all of the apps given that the initial download of everything took over 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile Mac OS updated to 10.7.4 yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PageSage the next steps are very similar although there will be a couple of additional steps beyond what was listed earlier.

1. Remove all Adobe Creative Applications using the Uninstallers located in Applications/Utilties/Adobe Installers
  2. Run the Cleaner tool directions can be found at - CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
  3. Reboot in Safe boot mode and login as a root user
  4. Download the Adobe Application Manager from Creative.adobe.com
  5. Download the trial of Photoshop CS6 - This will prevent you from needing to download the install files again if it is unsuccessful
  6. Install the trial of Photoshop CS6 and sign in using your Creative Cloud Adobe ID
  7. Try installing another application using the Adobe Application Manager

Please let me know if you need any additional clarification regarding any of these steps.  I can look for specific knowledgebase documents from Apple's website for logging in as root and booting into Safe Boot for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frustration is mounting. 

This did not work either.  The uninstallers all fail.  Restarted the computer and tried again.  They still fail.  Tried running the cleaner app and it did absolutely nothing.  It doesn't even recognize the Adobe apps installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PageSage I would recommend contacting our support team at this point.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.  Feel free to reference this thread when speaking with our support technician.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad Adobe doesn't adequately test their installers before releasing them and forcing so many customers into support problems.  I have done chat...and have not received adequate help there either yet.  I've read countless forum postings. Just how much time do you expect customers to waste as, what, your installer beta testers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my 30 day trials of PS (July 2012) & Ai (Aug 2012) expired (BTW, imac, Lion 10.7.4), I purchased A CCM but could not get the adobe manager to launch either Ai or PS after successful installation...however, the AM would launch any other CCM app after installation.  The AM kept indicating my Ai or PS trial had expired and prompted for a serial num.  I did not receive an email from adobe w/a serial number & did not find one on my adobe products or subscriptions page.  After 50 minutes of tech support's failed attempts at helping me try to launch w/a serial number, I was told they would call me back w/in 24-48 hrs.  In continuing to try on my own to solve the problem before tech support's call, I decided to click on the "privacy policy" button located next to the "License this software" button.  I checked the box in the window it opened, then clicked on the sign in button (or a cont button...don't remember which) & instead of being prompted for a serial number, I was prompted for my password.  I entered my adobe password, & Ai launched!.  I was finally in!  PS also would then launch with no problem as well.  The problem was w/the privacy policy????!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to spread the word, I got a fix (thanks to Adobe's chat customer support).  I wrote up the quick steps (this is Windows only, sorry Apple folks) here -

Help: Photoshop CS6 asks for Serial Number, after Signing Up for Creative Cloud

I hope it helps other folks, I was very frustrated for the past few days until this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe rep responded on another thread with some feedback that may be relevant here:

Hi

are you able to connect to https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/ and getting a message as follows:

Congratulations! You have successfully connected to Adobe License Management Server.

if not please try the following:

1. Please click on "Go" and navigate to /private/etc

2. Open "hosts" file and check out for any entries for Adobe.com

3. Remove the entries and save the file

4.  try again launching any product from CS6

Thanks

Kapil Malik

In case it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After an hour online in chat and then disconnected, I tried: when signing in don't use your ID. Say it is not you, then re-enter your id and password, then it may say you are not connected to the internet. hit try again. everything worked then. maybe resetting the login from scratch and not from cache did the trick? who knows. it worked, the crops are saved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines