Skip navigation
John J David
Currently Being Moderated

No styles for text frame in InDesign CS4

Sep 6, 2012 3:35 AM

We are using InDesign CS4 for paging the content. In general, all text frames are set as "No styles" only rather than paragraph or character styles. Now we found that the paragraph/charater styles were applied in those text frames. I just wanted to apply "No Styles" instead of paragraph/character styles. I have attached sample jpg for your reference. Much appreciated if any help me out on this issue.

screenshot 6.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2012 5:39 AM   in reply to John J David

Not using styles is really a mistake, but to do what you want first, with no text selected make sure that the character style is set to [None] so you don't have a character style applied by default (it's possible this is set for all docs accidentally, so you may need to redo this with no files open).

As far as I know you cannot set a no style default for a paragraph style in CS4, or at least not easily (might be doable by script), and of course whatever formatting you've got set is going to be used, regardless of the paragraph style selected. You can however, create a new text frame and use the flyout menu in the Paragraph Styles panel to "Break link to style" and that rame will have no paragraph styles applied unless you go back and apply them later yourself. Your screen shot shows a table, though, and I'm not sure it's possible to have no paragraph style in a cell.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to John J David

As I said, I don't know that it's possible to not use a style in a table cell, and I'll repeat that you almost certainly SHOULD be using styles. They make life much easier. You can define cell styles based on paragraph styles.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points