Skip navigation
ram44seylev
Currently Being Moderated

how do i close dynamiclinkmanager when downloading Abobe Premier Elements 10

Sep 4, 2012 6:08 AM

How do I close dynamiclinkmanager while trying to re-download Adobe Premier Elements 10?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 4, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to ram44seylev

Task Manager/ Activity Monitor --> Processes --> find process --> right-click --> End process.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to ram44seylev

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to ram44seylev

Do you mean Install, or do you really mean you are downloading the program file from the Adobe server?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:48 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I'm having a similar problem (however with updating Premiere Pro) it's asking me to close "dynamiclinkmanager" but I've searched Activity Monitor and cannot find it. I've looked in My Processes and All Processes—even tried to restart and update fresh.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to bldg13

If you are using a Mac, you should use the updated installer. You'll find a link to it in the FAQs to the right of this forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to bldg13

For PrPro, you will want to post to the appropriate PrPro Forum, for your version. See the PrPro Forums here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to MichaelKazlow

This is a relevant question for all Premiere editions. I just had the same problem with a fresh install of Premiere Pro via Creative Cloud.

In my case, it was listed in my processes via Activity Monitor. For some people, that doesn't seem to be the case. It is possible that a person is logged in as a "regular" user with software installation access, but that dynamiclinkmanager is running in an administrator-level user account, and thus is unavailable to terminate. Not sure what Activity Monitor shows when you are set up as a non-admin user, because I always set myself up to be an admin.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2012 5:02 PM   in reply to ram44seylev

I just had the same problem trying to install Adobe Audio CS6, and didn't have any tasks matching the dynamiclinkmanager.  I was able to solve the issue however by closing another adobe program, FlashUtil32_11_5_502_110_ActiveX.exe   For those that run into this issue in the future

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to david.tanner

Your solution was correct. I had to close Acrobat Pro to fix the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Delmar Hager

quite emailing me. Remove me from this thread

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to rgindiana

You have your account set to email responses to the thread, and you are the only one who can turn that off. You will get every response. Nobody is "emailing you" except your own preferences on forums.adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to rgindiana

rgindiana--

We have explained to you several times that we can not remove you from a thread's mailing. YOU MUST DO IT by selecting the option on the right side of the thread in the forum!

I have also e-mailed you instructions. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS AND DO NOT POST "REMOVE ME FROM THIS THREAD" TO THE FORUMS! Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to rgindiana

You need to look at this article: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/503132, and change your e-mail notifications in your Adobe Forums I.D. Profile.

If you are unable to do that, please post to the Forum Comments Forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments. There Adobe-Admin (John C.) can track your subscriptions, and can tell you how many accounts you have, plus exactly what you are subscribed to.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to rgindiana

This Adobe FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746 will also be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points