Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I have a Word doc that is 4.5 x 8.5 but when I save it as PDF it saves as 8.5 x 11.5.

Sep 6, 2012 8:34 AM

How do I get Adobe X Pro to save the Word doc in its original size or get Adobe X Pro to PRINT it in that size?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to CBDataPro

This forum is just for discussions on the forum themselves. You should post your question in the appropriate product forum, which you may find in the Select forum dropdown menu here:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to CBDataPro

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 11:50 AM   in reply to CBDataPro

In Acrobat Pro, you can use the Crop tool. Choose Tools > Pages > Crop. Drag a cropping rectangle around the area to be included in the crop. Double-click inside the crop area, and use the dialog box to refine the crop as necessary. If multiple pages, be sure to choose All Pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Also in Acrobat X you must set the Printer settings in Printer then click page setup.  Pervious to X the pdf took on the size of he document is was created from.  Also if you have a Problem printing duplex even though your printer is set up for duplex and you have duplex set in Print menu.  click  ithe pdf and choose properties and look for a setting checked that says simplex. Turn this off. This was another feature added when they were twidling their thumbs figuring out how to kill time.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to Phillip Jones

Not sure about previous to X, I have always had to set the paper size if different from letter. Anyway, consider the paper size setting in the printer properties the equivalent of putting the proper paper into the printer or setting the printer for that size (my HPLJ 3 will only print if the HPLJ is set to the size that is being sent to it).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points