• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Im looking for Sass extension Dreamweaver cs6

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like it the Sass  in the Dreamweaver to be useful integrating. (extension(*.scss) and language support) [Im working PC]

Can somebody help me?

TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Not aware of an extension for this, but here's a blog post by Greg Rewis with info about how to add support for SASS in Dreamweaver:

http://blog.assortedgarbage.com/2012/03/using-dreamweaver-with-sass-and-less/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not aware of an extension for this, but here's a blog post by Greg Rewis with info about how to add support for SASS in Dreamweaver:

http://blog.assortedgarbage.com/2012/03/using-dreamweaver-with-sass-and-less/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask you for some assistance.

I tried to follow the assortedgarbage tutorial, but I was only able to find the files listed in the applications folder, and nothing in the ~username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5.5/en_us/Configuration or any other folder that represents Dreamweaver, as this one specifically states CS5.5.

I did modify the files in the Application directory to match the tutorial, and I even added .scss, .sass., .less files to the accepted file types in preferences but no matter what I seem to do I get no color coding....

Do you know if it has anything to do with it being cs6, or some other variable option?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - no code hinting. Have gone over everthing 3 times

Admin mode:

MMDocumentTypes.xml, Extension.txt, User Extensions.txt

Intalled successfully adamcoulombe / dw-compass-codehints

According to DW is shows up properly however no change.

Any help w/ this? Is it a CS6 problem? Other?

sassDreamweaver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moonshot0087,

I know on my end I stumbled across the solution and I do hope this works for you as well.

If you are working in Mountain Lion with cs6 I can tell you I couldn't find one of the sets of files because they were in a HIDDEN /library folder in my user directory.

If this is the problem that you are having, make sure first to go to terminal and turn on hidden files (copy this into terminal):

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

Then hold "Alt/Option" and right click "Finder" then click "Relaunch" in the pop up menu.

From there you will be able to find the /Users/"USERNAME"/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/en_US/Configuration/extensions.txt and /Users/"USERNAME"/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/en_US/Configuration/DocumentTypes/MMDocumentTypes.xml.

Once you edit those files restart Dreamweaver and everything should work just as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit a extension.txt file in cs6 then save its showing error access denied? Please resolve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at Pleysier Web Solutions

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Built an extension to do this:

https://github.com/adamcoulombe/dw-compass-codehints

It also adds code hinting for many compass mixins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to install but failed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed the ZXP package, just install using the .mxi . If it gives you warnings about not being signed just say ok and ignore them and it should work. I have tested on mac and PC using DW 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added some extensions for dreamweaver and its working fine for me and I found it at http://webdesignsolutions.co.in/sass-extension-to-dreamweaver

I hope this will work for all. Try it once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not been able to find a solution to this anywhere.

I'm using CS6 (creative cloud) on a win7 PC.

I've followed through all of the steps that are posted in a couple of the solutions above - editing MMDocumentTypes.xml and both of the Extensions.txt files. I've noticed that all of the suggested solutions refer to earlier versions of DW, not CS6.

LESS and SCSS files both open in DW following this, but I don't get any nice code colouring or hinting. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines