• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install photoshop cs6 from disc. Why does Lightroom 3.5 open when I insert the disc?

Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to install photoshop cs6 from disc. I have windows7. I have Lightroom 3.5 already installed on my computor. When I insert the disc in the drive - it opens in Lightroom or rather lightroom opens. Is this normal or do I have to do something else? Is lightroom acting as a vehicle to direct the new software to the right file? If so how and where do I direct it to. As you can tell Im not very computor literate. Please help. Very Confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

No this is not normal.  Is it possible that Lightroom also opens automatically when you connect a camera as well?

You should be able to launch the installer by going to Start>Computer and then running the installer from the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is not normal.  Is it possible that Lightroom also opens automatically when you connect a camera as well?

You should be able to launch the installer by going to Start>Computer and then running the installer from the disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I have now managed to install.

Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:04:37 -0600

To: michelemason@live.co.uk

Subject: Trying to install photoshop cs6 from disc. Why does Lightroom 3.5 open when I insert the disc?

Re: Trying to install photoshop cs6 from disc. Why does Lightroom 3.5 open when I insert the disc?

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

No this is not normal. Is it possible that Lightroom also opens automatically when you connect a camera as well? You should be able to launch the installer by going to Start>Computer and then running the installer from the disc.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines