After installing the newest version of Adobe Muse, every time I open up one of my saved sites a dialogue box comes up and says:
Adobe Muse will now shutdown.
Assert: "WebFontData must have at least one variation."
Message was edited by: Corey@Adobe (added full error to title)
AHHH!!! I'm having the same problem! It just happened and I think it must be a server side issue becauase it happened on both of my computers, which have different files.
This needs to be fixed ASAP. Can't get any work done.
You are not alone!! I just tried to open a site that is almost finished and this error pops up,"WebFont Data must have at least one variation." The only option you have is to click OK, which shuts down the app. Is this error related to using a TypeKit font?
I got the error when just trying to open the app from within my dock at the bottom of the screen. I wasn't trying to open a specific site. So I don't think it is dependant on the file you're opening...
This has to be server-side. No other explanation for so many people all over the world experiencing the same issue
I say Adobe fixes this now and buys us all a beer while we wait.
And Adobe? I just put the brakes on purchasing Creative Cloud...I can't afford this sort of hiccup.
Same issue here. This needs to be fixed ASAP. Not only is this total BS but the fact that users are being ignored about other occurring Muse issues, such as Scrolling Anchors on Safari 6.0 and then this. Two updates have been released within apx. 3 weeks of each other, and yet where are the improvements? Oh wait.... all efforts must have gone into incorporating business catalyst contact form. Yay!
Good luck to all those who have consistently been inconvenienced.
Yes, you are correct it is a server issue. I believe Muse should default to a non web based font kit to avoid this issue.
A solution that worked for me...
Turn off your wifi and then open Muse. Do NOT turn wifi back on as Muse will crash. Obviously webfonts won't work, but you can still work on projects.
I'm in the same boat. I just updated when Muse asked me to run their update to fix critical crashes. Now, I can't open my project and I get the 'WebFontData must have at least one variation' error message.
I thought Muse had potential but the lack of program stability amoung other issues (i.e. inability to quickly do ordered lists and control CSS) are making me regret the time I have put into this software with my latest project. I know I am going to have to redo it next month in something more suitable. At least development time is realitively quick in Muse for mapping out a site.
Good, I am glad to hear that. You can still preview your sites in any of your preffered web browsers because the site is offline anyhow. You just won't see any of the webfonts you've chosen.
The issue is related to changes made in the TypeKit service. The Muse engineering team is actively working with the Typekit team to resolve the issue.
We apologize the for inconvenience and I will update the forum as soon as the problem is resolved.
That makes sense, but it's unfortunate. Perhaps you can still make changes and add features all while keeping in mind that when the Webfont issue is resolved, you're site will go back to normal.
The other option is to see if the fonts you used are in your "system fonts". It will rasterize the text, but that is okay. Because when the Muse issue is resolved you can just choose all your "system font text" again, and relink it to your web font. Make sense? It's tedious but, that's all I've got right now.
In order to avoid duplication, please refer to the following forum topic for updates on this issue:
Europe, Middle East and Africa