Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe BrowserLab missing IE6

Sep 8, 2012 7:40 PM

Just last week I use to have IE6 as a browser listed in Adobe BrowserLab.

Now it is missing IE6.

In Adobe BrowserLab > All Browsers it no longer lists IE6.

It starts with IE7

How to get it back?

David

From Adobe BrowserLab help

Change the default Browser Set

1. In BrowserLab, click the Browser Sets link at the top of the application window.
  2. Select the Default Browser Set if it isn't already selected.
  3. Add or delete browsers from the Browser Set by making selections in the Available Browsers column.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to davidhelp

Hello David,

We've removed IE6 from the available browsers in BrowserLab, and regret any inconvenience this causes for you.

Please read the blog entry on this topic n the BrowserLab Team Blog. http://blogs.adobe.com/browserlab/2012/09/06/adieu-au-revoir-ciao-and- adios-to-ie6/

Regards,

Bruce Bowman

BrowserLab product manager

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to davidhelp

I guess Adobe thinks IE6 is an obsolete browser (IMHO they have a point) since IE6 is used by only 1% of the people on the internet I added a conditional comment on my webpage (www.crea-lief.nl) which tells my visitors that IE6 is no longer supported. It'shard enough to get IE 7,8,9 in line with all the other browsers when it comes to using css-layout that there is no point in pleasing the 1% that is refusing to step into present time...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 11:18 AM   in reply to crea-lief.nl

Bruce,

Can you tell me how to add IE7 to my BrowserLab. It is not included in the list of browsers. I have IE 8 & 9 but I would like to see how my site looks in IE 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to brucebowman

A great pity. The BrowserLab was an important tool for me. Without quick and easy display of the pages in IE6 (yes!! IE6 also) And IE7 without the Compatibility Mode to manipulate , the tool is no longer usable.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to terrymeh

Hello terrymeh,

We have removed IE7 from BrowserLab, which you can read about on our blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/browserlab/2013/01/01/browserlab-update-removes -ie7/

In that blog post, we direct you to information that explains how you can use IE8 to test IE7 too.

Regards,

Bruce Bowman

BrowserLab product manager

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points