Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6, non Creative Cloud, keeps asking me to register

Guide ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rogier,

My apologies for not saying that mine is a 'straight' versoin not a cloud version.  And also I am running on Win x64.

Don.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Hi,

I had the same problem and the way I solved it was by starting Photoshop as an administrator (not just running it under an administrator account, actually right-clicking it and selecting "Run as administrator"). Then I did the registration and it worked, it never again asked for registration.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKKDon I branched out your discussion as the main topic in the previous thread was for users having difficulties with the registration screen who are utilizing Creative Cloud.  If you are continuing to experiencing difficulties with the registration screen coming up can you please post what steps you have tried so far to resolve your difficulties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Actually it is just annoying as it continually asks me to complete my registration and if you click on the message (appears as a notification) it takes me to the login page to enter my Adobe ID. The first couple of times I checked but the Serial is registered correctly. And it only happens with CS6 and none of the other products in the Creative suite Design Standard.

Not sure why it is happening as it has just started recently. It is just annoying as I am not restricted or stopped from using CS6.

Regards, Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could understand how that would be inconvenient.  I would recommend starting with creating a new administrator account to see if you have the same behavior under that account.  It sounds likely that you have an issue with your permissions and the CS6 software being unable to save the preference that you had made previously regarding registration information.  By starting with a freshly created admin account we can see if the permissions on your current account have been compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jeff,

Excuse my obvious frustration. Like many others, I repeatedly contacted Support concerning this issue. Eventually, I left it to the Technicians, assured that they were on the case and would contact all affected users when the problem was resolved. That was quite some time ago, and I find it annoying copying and pasting my serial number to license my product each time I use it. The prospect of having to endure this fault for the life of the product is not something to look forward to. I understand that such problems can arise after release, but have difficulty accepting that Adobe are continually working on it and after all this time are still unable to provide a solution - I have no doubts about the competency of the Adobe Team, so can reasonably conclude that it simply is not a priority. If only it was a CC problem ......

regards,

- Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel which version of Photoshop are you currently using?  As Kylons44 has indicated this difficulty described in this discussion thread was resolved with the 13.0.4 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jeff. When was this update issued? Frankly, after CC released I gave up and rolled back to CS5.5. If I re-install CS6, where can I go to get the update?

Sherri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherweb to clarify you are referring to 64-bit products convert to trial on launch or prompt for activation after licensing | CS6, CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html?  I rereviewed this discussion thread and that does appear to be the primary topic.

I don't have any updates to provide at this time Sherweb.  The users who have computer systems affected by this issue continue to face difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have Windows7, Ps CS6 Extended 64bit/32bit, v13.0.1 x64, upgrade from CS3 Extended. I am using the 64-bit version.

Regards,

- Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.  I've been on the phone with adobe for a week and they have been unsuccessful with fixing the problem.  Did you ever get it resolved.  If so, how????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue,

Win7 64, Creative Suite 6.

No I will not create another admin account. This problem is not on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with CS6 and have been on chat with adobe 3 times and on the phone for 4 more time and still did not get fix. Every 3 or 4 days the probelm re-occure. Very frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kongotech have you tried with a newly created Administrator account as was suggested earlier in this thread?  Also if you have a case number from your previous interactions with our support team I would be happy to review them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Here is the case number: #0183595447 <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=casedetail&id=0183595447&loc=en_ca>

The support team had took control of my PC and try using a different admin account to change some security setting.

Thanks for checking into this, really appreciate your help!

They are obvious an oversea team that took a long time to even understand the problem

and don't seems to have the skill to resolve the issue and every time they keep promise me

that from now on it will not happens ever again. 2 days later. It happens again.

Then they call me at 6:30 am Calgary time to wake up my family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kongotech it does appear our support team was able to get you up an working up until you restart your computer.  There then appears to be something causing your to need to activation again.

Are you able to open and launch 32-bit applications successfully or does this happen with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the applications?

What version of the Adobe Application Manager are you using?  You can locate this is C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe.  You will want to right click on the exe go to properties and select the Details tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The version is 6.0.335.0

I do not know where to run CS6 with 32-bit.

I use the icon the installation of 64 bit put on the desktop.

Can you let me know where do I find the 32 bit exe?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will that explains your difficulties then.  The Adobe Application Manager should have been updated when you opened it but for some reason it has not.  The current version is 6.2.112.0.  You can download and apply the update manually from our download page at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.  You can find the download for the Adobe Application Manager in the bottom right hand corner of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I'll try that and let you know if it works in a week see if it ask me to register again.

Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 6.2.112.0

Today, same problem happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the latest update version.

Tonight, the same problem happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kongotech the 32-bit application is the one titled Adobe Photoshop CS6 as opposed to Photoshop CS6 (64-bit) they both should be available under Start>All Programs.

Please try the following steps from CS6 applications in Creative Cloud unexpectedly revert to trial mode | CS6, CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html.

1. Launch a CS6 Suite product.
  2. Choose Help > Deactivate.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to Deactivate the product.
  4. Close the product.
  5. Launch a CS6 Suite product.
  6. Click Accept in the EULA dialog to continue.
  7. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  8. Once the product finishes launching, close the product.
  9. Relaunch the product.
  10. Click License This Software.
  11. Sign in with your Creative Cloud Adobe ID.
  12. Launch the desired product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the steps below.

Reboot PC.

Open CS6, ask me to activate again.

Still did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kongotech do you experience the same difficulty with the 32-bit version of the applications?  Again they are the ones listed in Start>All Programs which don't (64-bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i never open with 32 bit.

Following your direction to open the 32 bit ps6.

It also asked me to activate.

Appears that it behave the same as the 64 bits.

After I activate the 32 bit cs6, the 64 bit also

Appear to be activated.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happens to the 32 bits CS6.

I activate it through 32 bit CS6.

2 days later, it asked me to activate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines