Skip navigation
bearrock
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe premiere Elements does not find my Sony HDR-CX160

Sep 9, 2012 7:13 PM

Tags: #sony #hdr-cx160

When I try to use my Hi-DEF Sony HDR-CX160 video camera,  Adobe premiere Elements 10 does not "find" the camera.  Why not?

Dan Eller

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 9, 2012 8:55 PM   in reply to bearrock

Moving to the Premiere Elements forum

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 9:17 PM   in reply to bearrock

Were you trying to Capture for this camera?

If so, you need to pass on Capture, and then use a card reader, or a USB connection to the camera, and Copy the full folder structure from the SD card, to the computer. At that point, you can Import the files to an appropriate Project.

Capture is ONLY from a miniDV tape camera.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 9:25 PM   in reply to bearrock

When you do use Windows Explorer (or Mac Finder, I think... I don't have a Mac... and you did not say) to copy the files from the camera to your hard drive, do as it says in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1015001?tstart=0 so you don't lose the metadata

Also, Hunt's article on how to design your project http://forums.adobe.com/thread/919388?tstart=0 so you stay organized

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 5:17 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Better yet, connect your camcorder to Premiere Elements by USB and use Get Media/From Flip AVCHD Camera to open the Video Importer. That's what it's designed for.

And make sure you've set up your project to match your video specs! You should ideally be shooting in 1920x1080 AVCHD stereo and setting up your Premiere Elements project to match those specs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points