• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Either the Macromedia application server(s) are unreachable or none of them has a mapping to process

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an IIS install on Windows R2 Standard with a few different websites, 2 of which use ColdFusion 9 successfully.

I've added a new website, but could not get CF to work, getting the message above. To troubleshoot, I've done the following:

• Restarted the web server
  • Manually adding the mappings for cfm, cfml, cfc, cfr etc. and restarted the webserver
  • Removed the mappings, restarted, then readded

These are the mappings that were in the other 2 websites (I also incrementally increased the numbers to avoid duplicates):

*.cfm, C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll, AboMapperCustom-27348

*.cfml, C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll, AboMapperCustom-27349

*.cfc, C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll, AboMapperCustom-27350

*.cfr, C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll, AboMapperCustom-27351

*.cfswf, C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll, AboMapperCustom-27352

Not sure what I am doing wrong and what worse - not sure where to find information to help troublshooting.

TIA to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make some guesses: is this is 9.0.1 or above, on IIS 7 (not running in IIS 6 compatibility mode), and had you chosen to add “all sites” when installing CF or later running the web server config tool? If so, it used to be that in doing that, any newly added site would inherit CF settings, but with the above configuration you can no longer rely on that. Instead, you have to rerun the web server config tool to again add “all sites”.

This is indeed a radical change in behavior from prior release. It is in fact discussed in the installer (if you do “all sites” during installation), as well as in the CF Admin and Config manual, and in the online help for the CF admin. But there’s not too much talk about it, so people only trip over it when they move to IIS 7 (and 9.0.1 or above, which was the first release to formally support IIS 7 other than in IIS 6 compat mode.)

Let us know if that helps, or if, perhaps this is NOT the problem, in which case it could be any number of things. Even then, if you run the web server config tool and connect that site to CF (or again redo the “all sites” config), does it help?

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the response - as it turns out, this relates to an incorrect configuration. Server folk changed the location of CF, but it was not communicated to us and not chnaged in the CF admin.

Fixed, and all better.

Thanks again,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation