• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use a Firewire webcam or video device in Connect Pro

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone shed some light on this please? I'm using a Mac (OSX 10.6.6) and the latest Connect Pro version. I don't have any USB cameras that stream. I know my built camera does work, but I want to use an HD Firewire camera in the meeting portal. Is this possible? I can't get the interface to recognize any firewire devices.

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2011 Feb 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is easy as long as the HD camcorder is recognized by the Mac you are connecting to.  Adobe Flash sees all cameras as long as the OS "sees" the camera connected as a camera.  The camera manufacturer has to support using the device with a PC/Mac. 

I uses several camcorders all made by Sony that are high def and they connect to my Mac's using 400 Firewire and 800 Firewire cabling to the various Firewire ports.  You choose the camera using the "Select Camera" POD option.  If Flash sees the camera then you should see it listed there in a Connect room.

If you want some help, send me an email directly:  hdrummon@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a PC and want to use a Cannon Vixia HDV40.  The camera is hooked to my computer via firewire and I can see it on my editing and switching software but I cant get it to come up in Adobe Connect.  When I have the camera pod open and select the drop down menu I see the camera's but when I select one there is no video.  Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matts887

On windows OS you need to convert your (DV) digital video device to a windows video subsystem device.   Connect (Flash) will only work with Windows video sub-system (WDM) devices.

I have used a 3rd party piece of software called DVDRIVER software installed on my PC with a firewire DV camera to live stream into Connect via WDM.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the DVdriver software here: http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm

Use the trial version first, but it should work as James said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info guys.  I will try out the DVdriver softare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines