Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

State of the FMS, humble suggestions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just want to state some issues and possible improvements in FMS that are pretty much needed and would be great for Adobe, for the partners for the FMS customers and for the viewers of the streaming content:

- FMS 4.5.1 Interactive  - which is used in most cases i guess - can stream rtmp, hls, hds to the following clients: iOS (app, native player/browser), flash client, air apps, to the following devices: all that support flash, air apps or iOS devices

- FMS 4.5.1 Interactive issues:

- no protection of hls streaming (except the apache tricks that are kind-of-not-cool and may very well be insufficient) - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4231702 ?

- no support for  Androids that cannot use flash or air due to weak hardware - is the policy not to include those?

- failover strategies for linux and windows deployments (why not be compatible with windows failover cluster (make FMS cluster-aware process)? - this would solve failover and maybe even load balancing on windows platforms). Failover as seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failover

- clustering that will work for hls/rtmp/hds with maybe some load balancing tools included (origin edge was cool but - does it work for hls?), no easy way of solving this and not spend the same or more money that the license costs on hardware (server machines excluded)?

- server side recording sample apps - scheduled recordings?

- lack of updated information on how much concurrent users can the FMS stand, the old document was great for rtmp family, we need new tests and numbers

- include hls statistics in admin console?

- FMLE

- mulitple bitrate audio?

- easier scheduled restart/change profile/use authentication routine

Solving/improving all these would be great...

Please correct me if i have written something incorrect above...

Disclaimer: all stated here is my personal opinion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for very late ack - but your suggestions are extremmly helpful. Most of things you stated are on our minds but cannot promise which will come first and when - that's something i cannot comment. But your post at least helps us validate various ideas - so please feel free to post your thoughts anytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a lighter note, I am also available for a job offer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines