Skip navigation
mahesh1222
Currently Being Moderated

AuthenticationSupport service missing after building index.

Sep 12, 2012 5:50 AM

Tags: #service #unavailable #503

I got an error on browser console after starting the CQ Author instance saying that "Service Unavailable AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request. "

I just started all the bundles and also rebuit the index but still am getting the same error message.

When i logged in to system/console(OSGI Console) One thing i just noticed Authenticator tab is missing.

Help out to solve this issue

Thanks in Advance...

Mahesh

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to mahesh1222

In my case sometimes it just needs 20-30 minutes to get started. So first thing I would try is to wait a bit more than usually. Also you may find it useful to find AuthenticationService in "Services" tab of Felix Console and a component that corresponds to the service. Then you should go to "Components" tab of Felix Console and find that component and check if it's running or not. If it's stopeed then what are unresolved dependencies.

Thanks,

Max.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to mahesh1222

Was this ever resolved Hahesh? I am having the same errors in a new environment that is running inside a JBOSS 5.1 application server.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 10:27 PM   in reply to steve_dayman

The error indicates the service is missing. Analysing the logs file during the start up should give you exact cause.

Could you please

*   Stop the instance

*   Rename <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/logs folder

*   Delete the index tar files at

-   <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/tarJournal/index*.tar

-   <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/version/index*.tar

-   <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/repository/workspaces/crx.default/index*.tar

*    Start the instance

If issue still persist file daycare with all the logs file & zip file from http://<host>:<port>/system/console/config

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points