Skip navigation
farawaysa
Currently Being Moderated

Finding files

Sep 11, 2012 3:31 AM

I am clueless regarding Dreamweaver and am setting up a site using a step-by-step tutorial.  I had a problem getting the draft online to check visually.  The host server help guys assisted but said the "Template" folder was wrong as it had placed the files in the wrong place which was why I could not get it "online".  They then corrected it for me, but my files in Dreamweaver then disappeared and the "put" function is greyed out for further updates.  I think the best may be for me to start from scratch.  Where will I find each and every file associated with my draft site in Dreamweaver and how do I delete them?  Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to farawaysa

Assuming you have properly defined a local site folder in DW (Site > Manage Sites > New...), you should see all your site pages, folder and supporting files in the Files Panel (F8).

SiteName (C:\SiteName)

+Templates

+Assets

+Scripts

+Styles

about.html

contact.html

index.html (home page)

products.html

When you save a file as a Template.dwt, DW creates a Templates folder for you.  If the Template is not kept in that folder, it won't work.  Thoroughly read F1 Help about Dreamweaver Templates before you use them.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points