Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Font / watermark advice

Sep 12, 2012 7:31 PM

I want to create some typography in Photoshop that will be used to create a web address that will be applied as a watermark to lots of images.

1. After I create the watermark, can anyone recommend an easy way to apply it to lots of images? As an action? Something else? Is this easier to do in Lightroom?

2. Can anyone recommend a style of typography/color that would convey a Mediterranean villa style?

Thanks!

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 12, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to mediafred

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 14, 2012 Changed AspectRatioSelection Plug-in script added Path support.

Contains

Example

Download

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to mediafred

mediafred, the free Adobe Watermark Panel works with Photoshop CS5 and CS6. Details are in this John Nack blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/04/new_watermark_panel_for_photoshop _cs5.html

You'll get a lot of suggestions about actions, scripts, and other techniques for making watermarks in Photoshop, but some of them are old workarounds. Because the Adobe Watermark Panel is rather new and designed as a Photoshop extension, it's also relatively easy and simple to use compared to the older solutions. Because it shows up as a panel in the Photoshop interface, you can save its position as part of your favorite Photoshop workspace preset if you want. If the Adobe Watermark Panel doesn't do exactly what you want, then it would be worth investigating some of the other actions or scripts out there.

If you need to do a large number of images and have Lightroom, I'd recommend doing it there. Watermarking is fully integrated into the Export dialog box in Lightroom, so the time it takes to watermark each image is much less than opening and running a watermark action on every image in Photoshop. In addition, you can save multiple watermark presets, and that can be saved as part of a Lightroom Export preset, so if you have multiple types of export jobs, choosing a different Export preset can also switch to the appropriate watermark for that job.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 13, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Conrad Chavez

While the watermark panel in Photoshop  is easy to use I don not know if its use can be automated may not be if that is the case it a bit lame and I would not but Lightroom just to watermark images I'll process in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points