Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CSEB prompting for login on PC

Sep 11, 2012 10:29 PM

Hey all,

I'm trying to track down an issue with our plugin on Windows.  So I've installed CSEB 2.0 on a copy of Flash Builder 4.6.  However, when I try to setup the extension project it prompts me to "Please log in with your Adobe ID to use Adobe Creative Suite Extension Builder", but it doesn't give me a place to do so.

Hopefully this is something simple, and I'm just being daft.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9150007/WindowsIssue.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2012 1:27 AM   in reply to Nate Beck

Hi Nate,

Do you have any creative suite products installed on the machine that you are seeing this error? My expectation is that when you click 'Finish', another program will be launched know as the Adobe Application Manager. This will show a login form for you to enter your AdobeID and password.

Does this happen?

Kind regards,

Lea

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 2:48 AM   in reply to Nate Beck

I think this is due to EB 2.0 attempting to launch Adobe Application Manager (AAM) with options that were introduced into AAM as part of CS6.  Therefore, could you attempt to update your version of AAM by downloading the latest release from adobe.com.

This should enable you to login to AAM and complete the authorization steps required by EB 2.0

Kind regards,

Lea

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to lesavage

After recent updates I was seeing this problem, prompt for login problem with Extension Builder. Also unable to export extensions with extension builder erroneously reporting that license expired/needed.

Downloaded and installed latest release of AAM, also reinstalled Extension_Builder_2_1_LS1. Successfully now prompted to login and exporting successfully.

Thanks,

- Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2014 7:52 AM   in reply to mre_

I'm now seeing this problem just in the past day or so... I'd encountered it months ago and got around it (can't remember how) -- but now I can't seem to shake it.... and this puts the brakes on my ability to develop my plug-in.  Anybody have other ideas on getting around this?  I have the latest AAM and no updates are reported as relevant to my installation.  I'm on Windows using CS6 and Flash Builder plus CS Extension Builder.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points