Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat failed to load its core DLL

Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked in forums, no help.  I've uninstalled, re-installed application twice, also repaired it.  No help.

Acrobat 9 Pro, Win 7 (64bit), Norton security.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Ok...I installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware Corp, removed the viruses I found. Since this did not take care of the problem, I then went to the "more tools" section and installed the "Anti-rootkit" tool. Followed the instructions and finally removed all the malware found. I then rebooted the machine and viola! I am now able to open my PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you should give us verbatim what error message you are getting when launching Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That IS the error message...verbatim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you get this message when trying to run it. I would suggest you update Acrobat (9.5.3) since the 64-bit system requires the updates. I think that is even true for just running it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benzebo wrote:

That IS the error message...verbatim.

See my reply here:

<http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1062625?tstart=0>

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please delete all files inside the "C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat" directory and then run Repair for Acrobat  from "Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs".

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx but system won't allow me to delete it thru command prompt, give me 'access is denied' error.  do you know how to do this?

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To delete the files you will have to launch the command prompt with Administrator rights, for doing so you should go to Start->all programs->accessories" and now right click on the command prompt which appears in the list and click on "Run As Administrator".

You can also delete the files by manually going to  the above mentioned directory (i.e C -> Program Files(x86) -> Adobe -> Acrobat 9.0 -> Acrobat ) and now select all the files and delete. UAC dialog will be thrown to ask for the elevation, click yes on that. In this process some of the files may not be deleted but that is okay.

Now run repair for Acrobat from "Control Panel -> Add and Remove Programs".

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, I'm replying to an old message but maybe someone could help me. I've the same issue but with Adobe Acrobat Standard 11. Should I delete all that is inside the Adobe 11.0\Acrobat directory, including the folders inside that directory?

The Adobe Acrobat software came pre-installed with the Dell PC, no media (CD) was included/enclosed. And I've tried to repair and/or add components but after it seems it's going to work, it just rolls back everything it tried to change/fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the core library does not work anymore, Acrobat / Reader can no longer run because the components it depends on do not load.

> Enable the hidden Admin Account on Windows 7 ( Ref :  http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-adminis trator-account-on-windows-vis... )

> Disable all Non-Microsoft Startup Services. (Ref : http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/disable-startup-items-servic es-windows.html )

> Disable all the Antivirus softwares temporarily from the computer.

This error is known for conflicting Antivirus softwares like CA, Norton,Mc Afee etc.

> Delete the all the contents in the locations mentioned in the doc :

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/problems-uninstalling-reader.html

Note: It's possible that your system doesn't contain all of the files and folders listed in this document. If you do not find a listed file or folder on your system, proceed to the next file or folder on the list.

> Reboot the computer and install Adobe Reader 11 and check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...I installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware Corp, removed the viruses I found. Since this did not take care of the problem, I then went to the "more tools" section and installed the "Anti-rootkit" tool. Followed the instructions and finally removed all the malware found. I then rebooted the machine and viola! I am now able to open my PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW TO INSTALLED THIS PROGRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines