Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export release build not including XML data files in apk package

Sep 12, 2012 12:56 PM

Tags: #air #android #4.6 #export_to_apk #flash_pro

Hi, all;

I have a flash pro project that I have packaged for AIR based on these steps:

http://renaun.com/blog/2011/09/using-flash-builders-mobile-workflow-wi th-flash-professional-projects/

There are two differences:

1. I am loading XML files from right next to the swf
  2. The Flash Pro project and the Mobile project are sharing a directory that is outside of both projects (this was the workflow already established in FP, since multiple swfs share the same XML).

When I test this on my phone, it adds the XML files to the apk and everything works great. The problem I am having is that the Export Release Build does not have the XML files included, and I don't see anything in the Flash Builder interface that looks like it will allow me to add other files than the swf and the app.xml.

android.png

What am I missing?

Replies
  • Mallika Yelandur
    64 posts
    Jul 13, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2012 2:52 AM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

Hi, Amy -

I'll bring this thread to the attention of the Flash Builder product team.

Thanks,

Mallika Yelandur

Adobe Community Help & Learning

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2012 10:28 PM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

Hi,

Debug swf and release swf are differnt ones. One is compied with the debug flags and other not.  And when the packager is called the targets are also diffrerent.  And it checks whether the swf is of the expected type.

If you want to add any file for packaging, ideally it should be placed in the asset folder, so that it will be copied to the bin-release-temp folder.

However if you want to generically add an external file for packaging, you can achieve the same as follows.

In the export release, proced to the second page. Select the appropriate target from the table (if you have more than one target).

Bottom of the right side screen, you will see an option as "Customize Launch..". Once clicking on the option  a UI is shown and it gives an option to add "add File to Package" please provide the complete path of the file.

Please try this out and let us know whether it worked.

Note: Customise Launch is a feature in FB 4.7

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2012 1:01 AM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

Hi,

First of all, let me apologize for not making the info obvious that Customize Launch is an Flash Builder 4.7.

I understand your requirement as follows.

• You would like to use the swf created by Flash Pro (not interested in debugging the application)

• You would like to use the apk creation and on device deployment of your application using Flash Builder.

• So you would like Flash Builder not to overwrite your swf file with FB content.

If your requirements are same, you can achieve the same in the following  ways.

FB 4.6 & FB 4.7

Create the swf (with the same name ) in Flash pro

Clean the FB project.

Switch of build automatically  (this will ensure that the new swf is not getting created)

place the swf in the bin-debug folder

Use the Run configuration and try to launch the app.

Problem:  When you switch on the Build automatically the file will get overwritten.

in FB 4.7

You can configure your packager inputs and yet use the infrastructure of FB for packaging, debugging/running and deployment as applicable.

Customize Launch is the way to go for that.

FB 4.7 is available for trial.

Rani Kumar

ranik@adobe.com<mailto:ranik@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points