• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 16.1.0 vs 16.0.1 update

Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All ,

Adobe Illustrator CS6 update is now available !!!

With Illustrator as the perpetual license you will be updated to 16.0.1 wherein many issues are resolved.

Please read the release note listing resolved issues.

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/release-note/illustrator-cs6-0-1-release-notes.html

However if you have the Illustrator CS6 as the part of the CCM then you will be updated to 16.1.0 , the difference is CCM customers are provided with the 3 new features.

(For video tutorial :- exclusive-illustrator-updates-available-for-creative-cloud-members )

along with the all the resolved issues specified in the release note shared above.

As we said when we launched Creative Cloud earlier this year, one of the biggest benefits for customers would be early access to the latest innovation from Adobe, including VIP access to new features in the desktop software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manish-Sharma,

Quick question....

Will version 16.0.1 still open version 16.1.0 files without issues?

If not, how is a perpetual license holder expected to deal with the purchase of v16.0.1 when they receive v16.1 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will open it without any issues, the underlying technology and bug fixes are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish-Sharma wrote:

As we said when we launched Creative Cloud earlier this year, one of the biggest benefits for customers would be early access to the latest innovation from Adobe, including VIP access to new features in the desktop software.

Macromedia FreeHand 8.0 released in 1998, added the “Collect for Output” function. Adobe buys Macromedia in 2005, then discontinues Freehand in 2007. In a 2008 interview with Senior Product Manager of Illustrator, Terry Hemphill, he told FreeHand users: “FreeHand is not going to be revived; time to move on, really. The Illustrator team is making a determined effort to bring the best of FreeHand into Illustrator, which should be evident from some of the new features in CS4.”

I am glad that Adobe finally made a determined effort to bring "Collect for Output" to Illustrator 14 years after Freehand had it and 5 years after Adobe bought Macromedia and rebranded the Freehand Collect for Output ideal as "Package Files". I guess the time was right to start searching for features that could be used as carrots for the creative cloud subscription version to push the whole "get the latest features" benefit ideal via the cloud. But certainly something that was available 14 years ago cant be considered innovative or new, nor a determined effort. Also I believe Code Line's ArtFiles v1 has been around since maybe 2004 or so, so again if a third party can accomplish it then Adobe the actual makers of Illustrator didn't really have an excuse nor are they being very innovative. Also, "Linkes Information" is just an updated version of Freehands "Link Info Dialog" as another dated example.

However if we finally get to see features from Freehand or elsewhere that have been lacking in Illustrator for years then hey something good may come out of this after all, there are certainly plenty of features to bring from Freehand and elsewhere thats for sure.

Scott Worthington wrote:

It will open it without any issues, the underlying technology and bug fixes are the same.

Thus the features could be pushed to both cloud and non cloud users if Adobe was not unwilling as talked about here...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4654150

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there were many features in Illustrator that FreeHand never had. Also anyone who knows the intricacies of how different applications work can bet that it is not simply a matter of rebranding or copying code from one to the other. The technologies could be as different as chalk and cheese, even applications from the same company could also be very different. For instance, Adobe InDesign has Package for Output for a long time now - does it mean that Illustrator can simply take that piece of code and paste it in their application & expect it to just work? I guess it's not that easy - nothing comes for free, I'm sure.

Also one could argue that if a third party is already giving a feature/functionality that is missing in the application via plug-ins & thus providing value, then the team working on the core app can concentrate their energies elsewhere (in delivering other equally great features that add value).

Let us see the positive aspects of these 'new' features & see how we can leverage them to our best advantage. I'm already finding them awesome & hope to see my productivity go way up as I start using them in my day-to-day work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CupertinoFruit, I understand that different code bases are not plug and play even within self same product groups and companies. It's funny that you used chalk and cheese as an example since some cheeses are categorized with chalky characteristics. However for Adobe to use terms such as innovations and VIP, then bring such back dated features to the table as a means to intice and give value to Cloud based users, seems rather odd to me. Sure these are just the first onset of such said features and maybe as time goes by they will become more unique and actually innovative, time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update I downloaded from the Adobe Download page will not install.  I have the Downloaded version of Production Premium.  Do I need a different update installer?  Also my editing machine is not connected to the Internet so downloading from the Internet for the application won't work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting any error message while updating ? what is your OS ? What verion of Production premium are you updating ?

Have you tried automatic update within the application ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for responding...OS is Windows 7 and I am using CS6.  I can't use automatic update because my editing machine is not on line.  The error message says i can't use this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also can't use AdobeIllustrator16.0.1_x64.zip from website. Auto-update doesn't show anything.

Before trying it, auto-update installed PS 13.0.1 with no problem.

failupdate.png

Translation:

Update Failure

It wasn't possible to apply updates.

This correction do not apply for you.....

I also don't know why it displays in my home language, if English is installed. (Maybe because I tested and then uninstalled the localized version).

Using Master Suite at Win7 x64. CS5.5 is also installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Could you please confirm whether you have subscription activated on your machine? To check that, navigate to "Help->Decativate" and check that it reads "Creative Cloud". Morover, please also check the version of AI. To check this, navigate to "Help->About Adobe Illustrator" and check the version.(It should read 16.0.0).

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

Nishant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, it's MasterCollection, not the Cloud one.

Afaik activation never interferred with updates, moreover because I updated Photoshop before trying to apply that downloaded update.

Yes it is 16.0.0.

16.0.0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RickRicardo wrote:

As I said, it's MasterCollection, not the Cloud one.

Afaik activation never interferred with updates, moreover because I updated Photoshop before trying to apply that downloaded update.

Yes it is 16.0.0.

16.0.0.png

This is the same issue I am describing.  Everything I have has been activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.

we have illustrator at work.

premium suite with a volume license. 

it is not activated over the net as it´s a volume license and the systems are only connect to the companys intranet (not the internet).

version is 16.0.0  (x64).

downloaded update will not install.

all other updates so far installed fine... don´t know why illustrator makes problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update to the latest version of Adobe Application Manager 6.2.112.0, then try the Illustrator update again, worked for me.

That's available here http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that update made it work again!

Btw, this is the link for the Windows version:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Dunno why it don't self-update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep thanks that of Adobe Application Manager 6.2.112.0 update fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me get this straight: you need to have both a Perpetual License ... AND... a Cloud Subscription to enjoy all of the new and forthcoming features/functions of Illustrator, or any other CS6 program?

Interesting. So as someone mentioned, it's possible we may see new selection tools, be able to open FH files (again)... or OMG.... Paste Inside (all FH related), but only with a Cloud Sub? Basically, a Cloud Sub then is like a ~monthly Update price. OK.

That sounds like a good idea to alleviate the piracy problem that Adobe faces. However, not so much for people that pay for perpetual licensing because they live in areas that don't have reliable or broadband Internet available to them. Which makes Cloud computing quite worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentlemen, I've just downloaded a stand-alone 16.0.1 update (AAM v. 6.2.112.0 didn't see it for some reason) and that's what I get tying to install it:

Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 4.54.00 PM.png

Any thoughts? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Creative Cloud Subscription or the Perpeptual license of Illustrator ?

Also , what happen when you go to  Help-->Update and then try and update Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Creative Cloud cuz i don't need one. And yes, I have an activated Creative Suite 6.

And Help --> Update (Application Manager) tells me that all apps are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens if you do an About Illustrator from the Illustrator menu? What is the reported number there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't hurt to do an About AAM to see what is the reported number there, just in case the AAM updater did not install correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was DYP wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to do an About AAM to see what is the reported number there, just in case the AAM updater did not install correctly.

Where can I find "about AAM"?  I can't find Adobe Application Manager on my PC.

I want to see what version I have before I update it.  Can somebody direct on how to find the version I have?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines