• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a "Razor at current time indicator" keyboard shortcut for CS6?

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CS6 from CS4. 

In CS4 there was an option in the keyboard customization that allowed you to set a command that used the razor tool at the current time indicator.  In other words, when you hit the keyboard command (I set mine to "H"), the clips would have the razor tool effect for all selected tracks wherever the play curser was in the timeline.  This saves a lot of time, not having to switch mouse tools and click every track you want to put the edit.

I cannot find the "Razor at current time indicator" option in CS6 keyboard customization.  Is it called something different now?  Is it even an option anymore?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default was Ctrl+K, and I was not aware that it had been changed in CS 6. As you note, this was for Targeted Tracks.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  They have now re-named it "Add Edit" in Keyboard Customization.  Found it and changed it to my "H" command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, and thank you for reporting.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for that post...

I think that it might be wise to rename that function as I skipped it while searching for the cut at CTI function, and, when googling, it seems that I'm far from the only one looking for that function, I guess I'll post on the uservoice site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines