• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashes constantly in Firefox, IE and Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player has not worked properly in months. It will work intermttently maybe 10% of the time after clicking reload/send crash report a half dozen times. It fails on all websites including

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

My system is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 7 x64. 6GB RAM, Intel W3550 @ 3.06GHz

Firefox 11.0

Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.63 (updated March 19, 2012)

I have swapped Asus Xonar DS for CL SB X-Fi Ti with no change

I have swapped GeForce GTX550Ti for ATI Firepro V5800 with no change

It fails with graphic acceleration enabled or disabled.

Browsing to any site with Flash content will usually crash the plug in.

This is highly frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issues. On IE (latest version) the picture flashes in occasionally. On Chrome it crashes CONSTANTLY!!! I have Windows 7 64 bit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled operating systems and flash several times. What the hell is Adobe's problem with compatability????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you guys are going through this.  We'd like to investigate further.  Could you both take a look at this FAQ and follow the instructions for reporting these crashes to us?

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Please STOP blaming hardware or operating systems for something that is CLEARLY an issue with the latest update and FIX IT. This happens all the time in this industry, it's the same old "well , it works fine on our machines so it MUST work fine for everyone" routine every software company out there does when they break something and refuse to admit they are at fault. JUST FIX THE *** DA** PROBLEM! You wanna know how I know it is ADOBE'S fault? SImple, Internet Explorer, firefox and chrome ALL worked fine BEFORE the update, NOW AFTER THE UPDATE any site that requires flash CRASHES regardless of the browser used . its a simple case of 1 + 1 = 2 . Stop pointing the fingers and FIX IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it crashes on all computers in my company and at home and at my friends. It is the worst software on the market. And this happends too much time. It is almost a year when this problems starts and still going. Almost 5 times per week. So many computers with the same problems so that can't be hardware and can't be operating system it is Flash player.

I hope someone will make something else, which works so I don't need to use flash player anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

I haven't been back for a almost a week, because I decided to try to disable the protected mode and reenable Flash. So I can run Flash if I'm willing to put up with monstrous gapping holes in my security.

It has been working without problem after doing that. You seem like a very nice fellow who is in an unenviable position. Maybe you can't approach the decision makers. Let's look at what has happened:

1. Adobe gets lots of criticism because Flash, a ubiquitous piece of software, is an open door for all kinds of nasties to take over the computer without any participation on the part of the owner, other than visiting an infected web page.
  2. Adobe doesn't like the PR nightmare and rushes out a fix.
  3. The fix cripples people's browsers and causes multiple problems.
  4. Adobe's reaction is PR, finger-pointing, and another fix, along with having some poor and dutiful soul appointed to mollify angry customers, while suggesting the problem lies elsewhere.
  5. Then Adobe rushes out another half-baked fix, and then there are more problems
  6. Step 4 and 5 get caught up into an endless loop

This is in the context of the rapid adoption of HTML5, which has a far more elegant (and free) player.

Somehow, the cynic in me suspects that Adobe thinks it's cheaper and more effective to engage in minimal efforts of step 3 and 4 than to definitively reengineer a piece of proprietary software that open-source software threatens to make obsolete over the next year or so.

So what about the zhlub like me who decides to "deactivate" the security and gets whammed by a nasty? Well, that's capitalism for you, huh?

Meanwhile, Adobe seems to be creating a lot of bad will, judging by the previous several pages of this thread. This is too bad, because Adobe has some great software that it sells. But it looks to me like the two free pieces of software, Acrobat Reader and Flash, are pieces of crap.

Chris, in case there's anyone at Adobe with decision-making power who might care, why don't you just print off this thread and plop it into a spreadsheet and plop it into the computer of the corporate bean counters?

Regards,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you! Ever since the latest version 11.4 came out I've been having problems with Flash Player crashing. It was working fine before that. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times in the past week to no avail. It is SOOOOOO annoying to keep seeing that box popping up saying "Adobe Flash Player 11.4 r402 has stopped working" over and over again! Can't someone just fix the problem?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sunmoonstars117: For some inexplicable reason (perhaps Chris may be able to explain this), version 11.4.402.265 in FF 15.0.1 works longer, i.e., more stable than all the previous versions in FF, which crashed within 5 mins. This may be because of the netstream issue thay fixed in 11.4.402.265, so it helped in my hp pavilion elite.

This is different from your experience in IE. Something that get fixed in 11.4.402.265 helps FF  but hurts IE. Nevertheless, no version so far has worked without crashing on FF in hp pavilion elite.

--regards

--gajananam

--regards

--ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keeps crashing in Firefox browser...excuses starting to get real old - especially since i consistently buy Adobe software for design purposes...

please fix the issue. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're continuing to work on trying to improve the stability and performance of Flash Player with protected mode enabled in Firefox.  If you're crashing, try installing Firefox 16 (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/) and see if the crash reproduces.  If it does, be sure to submit the crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, you write:

We're continuing to work on trying to improve the stability and performance of Flash Player with protected mode enabled in Firefox.  If you're crashing, try installing Firefox 16 (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/) and see if the crash reproduces.  If it does, be sure to submit the crash log.

With respect, do you know for a fact that Adobe engineers have worked specifically with Firefox 16 (beta software)? Or are you stabbing in the dark for a maybe-it-will-work suggestion?

If you know specifically that Adobe Flash programmers have made remediation changes that improve its performance with FF 16 (again, beta software), what are those changes? Why is Flash with protected mode enabled more reliable in FF 16? What's missing from FF 15? For that matter, what's missing from any Windows OS, Mac OS, or Linux OS that makes Flash so bloody unreliable?

The reason I ask is that if you want people to download FF16 and try again, then send you logs, you've got to give us more information than just a hunch. People lose patience with those types of mollification efforts, you know.

Please be specific about what you know, or concede it's nothing more than a suggestion for which you have no other basis than faith in Adobe's good intentions regarding Flash. I don't mean to be hard on you personally, but look at this thread and you'll see the market is about to get really hard on Adobe. The longer this goes on, the more Adobe loses community good will, and the more credibility Adobe loses.

Thank you.

Regards,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

The request to use Firefox 16 was made because earlier versions of Firefox and Flash Player (with protected mode) are not producing unique crash dumps that we can analyze properly.  It's possible that we won't get everything we'll need, but at least it will give us additional details on the sandboxed version of Flash Player if it crashes.

Here's what I'd suggest.  Open a bug report at http://bugbase.adobe.com, include steps that you take to reproduce the problem and a clear description of what occurs.  Next, give us your systems dxdiag output report (see this link for details: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Windows_users), go to "about:support" in Firefox, copy the contents to the clipboard and paste it into a text document.  Attach this to your bug report.  Finally, please list out the different virus/malware scanners you have running on your system.

Your alternative until this is resolved, other than disabling protected mode, is to revert your version of Flash Player to the latest 10.3 release.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, once the bug report has been added, post back with the bug URL/number and I'll forward along to our security team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thank you for posting some instructional reference so that the rest of us know that Adobe is in fact looking into the issues. I know it sounds "dorky," but it does provide some level of appeasement and service for those of us that continually buy, upgrade, and use the suite. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want these remaining protected mode bugs to be fixed.  Unfortunately, reproducing them internally has been difficult for us.  We'll continue to work at this and any details people can provide to reproduce problems will be investigated.  Because of the amount of posts that come into the forum, I'd recommend creating a new bug report (http://bugbase.adobe.com) with steps / details that will help us recreate the issue.  In the bug, please note if this can be worked around by disabling protected mode.  You might even want to put "protected mode" in the title so there's no mistaking it.  Once the bug has been entered, post back with the bug number and I'll have someone take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sick and tired of the Adobe Shockwave Flash plugin causing browsers (both Firefox and Chrome) and Word (both alone and when employed by Outlook) to hang and crash.  I'm also sick and tired of no one helping me with this problem.  I've been to forum after forum hosted by one Firefox-Chrome-Adobe gang or another, and all I ever get is the same list of possible solutions that never solve the problem.  You'd think Adobe would have got this sorted by now.  There are YEARS' worth of complaints out there on the internet, and given that you can't just uninstall the plugin and continue to access the same internet content -- GIVEN THAT IT'S BECOME AN INTERNET ACCESS ISSUE -- it's really the height of IRRESPONSIBILITY that Adobe just lets this problem fester.  Thanks, Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEP!!!  I'm having the same problem with the same OS and ALL my browsers.  I can't even watch a music video without it crashing at least 2-3 times during a single video......I've also uninstalled it then reinstalled it so many times I've lost count,,,,  I'm so frustrated at this point, I feel like just throwing my laptop AND desktop into a brick wall       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View one of my posts angelheart. The thing to do is to install 10.3.183.25 You won't have problems anymore. And 10.3.183.25 plays all video and content. As a bonus, you might try to disable hw acceleration. This vesion of adobe flash player switches to full screen and back with no crashing or delays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Android, 2112: I have suffered these crashes for months also, with no improvement with 11.1.102.63. I reverted back to IE8 and the crash happens after watching any video for 10 mins. I have tried all the suggestions in helpx.adobe.com with no luck. Have a Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. Just supporting your frustration, so Adobe issues a bug fix soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

android2112 wrote:

Flash player has not worked properly in months. It will work intermttently maybe 10% of the time after clicking reload/send crash report a half dozen times. It fails on all websites including

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

My system is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 7 x64. 6GB RAM, Intel W3550 @ 3.06GHz

Firefox 11.0

Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.63 (updated March 19, 2012)

I have swapped Asus Xonar DS for CL SB X-Fi Ti with no change

I have swapped GeForce GTX550Ti for ATI Firepro V5800 with no change

It fails with graphic acceleration enabled or disabled.

Browsing to any site with Flash content will usually crash the plug in.

This is highly frustrating.

Have you tried running the Dell Pre-boot System Assessment Test? or the Dell Diagnostics to eliminate a hardware issue? What were the results?

Do you run any security software? Please specify which.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same Issues youtube crashes any site using flash freezez my whole computer. Using  firefox chrome and ie. This is a major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eternal30303030 wrote:

Having the same Issues youtube crashes any site using flash freezez my whole computer. Using  firefox chrome and ie. This is a major problem.

Issues with Flash in Google Chrome are addressed here: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=108086 If you can't find a solution to your problem with it, you can post a question on the Google forums: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/request.py?contact_type=contact_policy

For assistance with Flash player in other browsers, you need to specify your operating system and version before we can assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xircal : I have Windows 7 SP1 on a HPE 64-bit desktop. Running IE8, the flash player 11.1.102.63 brings the whole system crashing after 5 mins of play. I am playing the website bloomberg.com/tv. Sometimes IE8 stops and says the faulting module is flash11g.ocx or some such thing. I can get the exact crash dump, next time. This has happened for the last 6 months for me and it is very painful. Please help to fix it.

--Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gajananam wrote:

Dear Xircal : I have Windows 7 SP1 on a HPE 64-bit desktop. Running IE8, the flash player 11.1.102.63 brings the whole system crashing after 5 mins of play. I am playing the website bloomberg.com/tv. Sometimes IE8 stops and says the faulting module is flash11g.ocx or some such thing. I can get the exact crash dump, next time. This has happened for the last 6 months for me and it is very painful. Please help to fix it.

--Cheers

Hi there,

Can you do the following please.

1. Disable your antivirus scanners. If you have AVAST, right click the orange icon in systray, go to "AVAST Shields Control" and choose to disable all shields for one hour. If you use a different AV, consult this list for instructions on how to disable the scanner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html
  2. Download the Flash uninstaller from here: Download Flash Player uninstaller. When you see the prompt, choose to Save the file and save it to your desktop. Do not choose "Run".
  3. Download the Flash Player installer from here: Download Flash player 11.1.102.63 installer Likewise, save the file to your desktop: do not choose "Run".
  4. Find the uninstaller you downloaded and run it to uninstall Flash.
  5. Find the installer and do the same to reinstall the latest version.
  6. Re-enable your antivirus.
  7. Go to the sites you usually visit and see if you can watch video without a crash.

Hopefully, you'll get a positive result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Xircal: Thanks; I will do the steps and report back. As far as I know, there is no antivirus software running on my system. I uninstalled all of them some time ago to get my flash working. Windows defender, is the only malware system working. How do I find out if there are anti-virus scanners running on the system?

--thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines