• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small/Large player buttons unresponsive

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 11.2, 32-bit flash player under Ubuntu 12.04 LTS amd64, Firefox i686 build for x86_64.

Everything is fine, except for this one. When I start the browser, surf to youtube, and the first video always have those buttons inactive. Very annoying. I use it often.

Then, I do page reload and after that - the buttons work fine. But the problem is reproducable every time I start browser.

Please assist. If this is something you don't want OR cannot fix, please, tell me which of the older versions, perhaps, doesn't have this problem.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which player buttons are you describing?  can you take a screenshot and point out the ones you are having trouble with?  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustration.jpg

http://s10.postimage.org/j1hxsf1c9/illustration.jpg

The pointer is just exactly on the button I was speaking of.

Btw, Firefox version: Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for clarifying.  lets see if we can reproduce.  need to set up the environment.  brb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, i'm not able to reproduce.  i enabled the partner sources and installed flash player 11.2.202.238 (64-bit) and the buttons work every time i start up firefox and nav to a video.

would it be possible you are running the 32-bit flash player binary with nspluginwrapper?  how did you install the player by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as I have mentioned before, I use 32-bit Firefox and Flash under 64-bit Ubuntu. I did so to keep compatibility with java applets I have developed in the past.

Flash installation procedure I have performed (the package flash installer:i386 did not install, so I had to do it manually):

1. download and extract install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz

2. cp libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/

3. sudo cp -r usr/* /usr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah...  so, i downloaded firefox 32-bit, installed ia32-libs and copied the 32-bit flash player binary to the same ~/.mozilla/plugins directory and cannot reproduce.  it is possible there is a conflict with the java plugin.  have you tried to disable it to see if this is the case?  otherwise i would suggest you run 64-bit firefox when using to display flash content.  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines