Skip navigation
IvoryShogun
Currently Being Moderated

Setup Dialog boxes missing - CS6

Sep 14, 2012 7:39 PM

Tags: #help #premiere_pro #cs6

Hey, guys.  This may be an incredibly stupid question, but in CS5.5 when I applied certain effects, say Levels, to a clip, I had a Setup button that brought up a dialog box with the histogram and sliders.  I preferred this method to adjusting the long list of individual channels.  However, now that I have upgraded to CS6, when I apply Levels to a clip or adjustment layer, that setup button is not there.  Am I just missing something?  I know I can use other tools to do some of this stuff but I really hate to change up my workflow right now.  Any help would be appreciated.

Platform: Mac OS X Lion

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2012 9:18 PM   in reply to IvoryShogun

Not positive but I think I recall reading that this is a Windows only feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 10:56 PM   in reply to IvoryShogun

Is the little button you can see in my pic directly to the right of the"Levels" not seen on the MAC version?

Premiere Pro Setup.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 11:59 PM   in reply to IvoryShogun

I don't know about that, since I don't use Mac's and don't currently have access to one. But if you don't see one on your Mac's version of 6.0.2 then I'd say that it possibly doesn't have the option on a Mac. Which is intresting...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 11:43 AM   in reply to IvoryShogun

Like Jim, I recall that Histograms were not available on the Mac, but cannot recall exactly which Effects fell into this platform situation.

The last discussion on this was some months ago, and I believe that it had comments from Adobe, detailing the reason. Maybe a Search for "histogram" in this forum will get you at least one of those threads?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to IvoryShogun

Just another reason...

I'm not going there.

I cannot recall if Adobe commented on the "why not," but think that Todd, or Kevin might have.

It's similar to the missing Effects and Transitions in the Mac version of PrPro. Seems that there is some display issue.

Good luck, and sorry for the bad news.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Admiral Cook
    169 posts
    Jul 3, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2012 4:41 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

56 Transitions and 21 Effects missing in Mac version of PrPro:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460313

|