• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Busy indicator for ActionScript projects?

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out the best AND most efficient way to animate a list of thumbnail images that are loading.

This is for mobile/tablet. I'd like to allow the user to be able to scroll thru a list of thumbnail images.  Some of the images may not have loaded yet so I would need to show a busy indicator in the middle of the thumbnail.

What is the best way to create this busy indicator so the frame rate is not affected? I usually use bitmaps for my mobile/tablet projects so the frame rate is kept at a good rate. Is there some way to use bitmaps for the busy indicator. Since I may have 100 on the stage, what is the best way to animate them. Is there a way to create one indocator and the other 99 are references to the 1st one?

thanks,

Jack

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you just create a movieclip symbol class object in the library as the animated indicator and dynamically place it in the loading space until the image arrives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can but is that the BEST way to ensure the frame rate is the highest it can be?

If you were to do that with a still image, the frame rate would be as high if you created a bimap of the library item and then reused the bitmap for all instances that you want on the stage.

So I'm looking for the best way, not necessarilly any way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines