Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

photoshop elements 10 and actions

Sep 14, 2012 11:00 PM

I recently downloaded the free trial of photoshop elements 10 and had purchased actions from Pure Actions.  I thought I got the actions into my free trial but I cant or dont know where to find them.  It has been extremely difficult to get the actions loaded and they are not willing at all to help me.  They sold them to me and now dont really care if I get them downloaded or not.  I would not purchase from them......again.  Can someone PLEASE help me to get them downloaded so I can use them?  I have followed the turorials and just am at my wits end.  PLEASE  HELP!!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to jondabau

Very good instructions here for installing actions in photoshop elements:

http://www.texaschicksblogsandpics.com/photography-page/installing-act ions-in-photoshop-elements/

What operating system?

I guess you already looked here:

http://purephotoshopactions.com/?page_id=16

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to jondabau

Did you try the texas chicks' directions?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to jondabau

I learned mostly by trial and error. Lots of both, and asking lots of questions.

I think I'm going to buy 10, as I have the trial right now.

I would use up the thirty days before you do, at this time of year.

I'm not sure who "their" refers to when you say "their online classes", but if you are looking for an online course that is like a real class (with other students, assignments and so on), I can heartily recommend Sara Froelich's courses at lvsonline.com. (I don't get anything for recommending her, but I've never met anyone who took her course who didn't like it.)

There are also tons of free tutorials online. You might start by looking around at tv.adobe.com.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to jondabau

We're all guessing that PSE11 will be released this month, so you'll probably want to hold onto your money until then.

Reading the Help files is what I did to learn PSE.

When the Help is open, there's an icon in the upper right corner for "View as PDF", then you can save that PDF to your computer for reading and searching. (Do that for both the Editor and the Organizer, since the help files are separate.)

I also found the Adobe TV tutorials very helpful:

http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop-elements/

You'll want to view the tutorials for PSE8, PSE9, and PSE10 because some of the tools were unchanged and new videos weren't created for the newer versions. When you watch the videos, look to the right of the video viewer -- some of the tutorials have sample files for download so you can practice on the same photos used in the tutorial.

What I've found is that these are the 3 most important things to get comfortable with in PSE:

1. Making selections.
    2. Using Layers.
    3. Using Masks.

If you have questions, you know where to find us....

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to jondabau

Well, if you like what you see in PSE10, you're pretty much guaranteed to like PSE11.  Adobe rarely acknowleges the bugs in its software and never lists the bugs fixed by newer versions, so you'll just have to take it on faith that the new version does fix some bugs....

I can't imagine that installing actions into PSE11 will be much different than installing actions into PSE10, so you'll probably have the same issues and will need to rely on the instructions on the Texas Chicks site or pay them to do it for you.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 9:49 PM   in reply to jondabau

Once the authors of those actions have had a chance to digest PSE11, you'll have to ask them.  There's really no way to guarantee (ahead of the PSE11 release) that those actions will work in it.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 10:17 PM   in reply to jondabau

You don't have any choice but to wait and install the trial version of PSE11, since anyone who now knows what the differences are will be shot, drawn and quartered, and consumed in flames for revealing that info.

It's just a fact of life that you're at the mercy of software developers as to when they update their wares, if that's necessary.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points