• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get my YouTube videos to play

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get my YouTube videos to play.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player as suggested but it did no good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Jack,

Please try installing with a standalone installer. Here is a link to try downloading from:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe

After you click this link, install this software. If this doesn't work, you will need to then reset IE. In IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, then choose the last tab called Advanced, then click the "Reset" button. This will restore IE back to defaults. Youtube videos should now play properly. Let me know if this

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:51 AM

To: austin115

Subject: I can't get my YouTube videos to play

Re: I can't get my YouTube videos to play

created by Pat Willener <http://forums.adobe.com/people/pwillener> in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4702069#4702069

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Austin,

Your response didn't come through.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My name is Jack and I am using Windows 7, latest version and Explorer 9. Is that all you need to know?

Thanks,

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,

Please try installing with a standalone installer. Here is a link to try downloading from:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe

After you click this link, install this software. If this doesn't work, you will need to then reset IE. In IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, then choose the last tab called Advanced, then click the "Reset" button. This will restore IE back to defaults. Youtube videos should now play properly. Let me know if this worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks a lot, that seemed to have worked fine. I did have to reset my IE. But now I can play my YouTube videos from my email or anywhere. Thanks again!!

Jack Hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to click "Correct Answer?" or "helpful answer" so I can get credit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, but cannot play an embedded youtube video on a web site. Tried: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370

and this did not work. I have reset IE and did not work.  Don't know what next. Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the follow-up. YES, both boxes are checked. Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are checked. Any other thots?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pdnRPH - What URL are you having issues with?  What do you see when you try and play the content?  Is this only happening with IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Sorry for so long. Here is one, with IE9, but is with any embedded YouTube video on a web page:

http://www.nancyziemantv.com/

The error comes up and IE closes and reopens, but will not play. If one is fast enough to click watch on YouTube, it will go to YouTube and be able to play. If one is not quick enough, trash. Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this on IE9 with my system.  Would you be willing to do a desktop sharing session with me so I can take a look at what might be going on?  If so, please feel free to email me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All is well. IE9 and video driver conflict, along with Norton conflict. Stepwise help with Chris in uninstall and reinstall and all is well. Fantastic! Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines