• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streaming audio will not play with Flash player 11.4.402.265

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Flash developer for 15 years.  Since update to player 11.4.402 all my stand alone flash audio players have stopped working.  I reverted to player 10.3 and everything everywhere worked perfectly again, except Safari 6 blocked the plugin (for security reasons) with no apparent way to unblock or enable it.  I upgraded to player version 11.3 and the stand alone audio still worked fine, Safari didn't block the plugin, but then video would not load without reloading the page.  I then upgraded back to 11.4.402 and came a full circle back to where all stand alone audio players do not work, but video does load and play normally.

This appears to be related to streaming.  When I turn streaming off the stand alone players eventually will play the track but not until the entire track has been downloaded.  Of course the visitor is long gone by then.  If streaming is enabled nothing plays.

Chrome v21.0.1180 and IE9 appear to be unaffected and perform as expected on both platforms respectively.

My Hardware and Environment details:

Mac os10.8 and Windows7

FF v15.0.1 and Safari v6 (both platforms)

iMac, Mac Book Pro, Sony Vaio laptop

I've seen other similar posts, is anyone at Adobe working on an update to 11.4.402?  I've got broken sites with no way to fix them.  Sort of like when an update not to long ago to the Flash player just eliminated background transparency until everyone screamed so load they fixed it.  We just sit ou there with broken sites until the next update?

Thanks for any insights.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened bug on this issue. It's already three weeks old with no fix date announced. Please add your vote and a comment about the business impact of this problem.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3318904

Given that Adobe will eventually completely phase out AS1/AS2 and AVM1 swf (which will leave you with more problems), you might also want to vote on this one too:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3320930

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

biggyspender - Just wanted to update you that 3318904 is currently being investigated and is scheduled for a fix in our next major release.  As always, things can change but I'll continue to push for this one and I'd like to stress that others impacted should take a minute and cast a vote and leave a comment for this bug.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3318904

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris, when will this happen? I need to know if my university can wait for the next release or if we will need to do a complete reprogram to make this work.

I saw a new version, but it did not fix the problem (11..4.402.278)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines