Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to paste from clipboard into PDF document

Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Adobe updated my Acrobat to 10.1.2.45. Now I'm unable to past images from clipboard into a pdf document. For example, using another windows program I might copy an image to the Windows clipboard, open up a pdf document, and click on the Edit menu expecting to be able to select Paste and paste the image from the windows clipboard onto a page in the PDF document. However, Paste is faded out in the Edit menu and is unselectable. I was doing this about 10 times a day and now that feature is unavailable to me. CTL-V also does not work.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Hello Sahatchai,

Thanks very much for your idea but it wasn’t what I was looking for.

Actually, I stumbled on the solution. The problem is that you cannot paste from the clipboard when you have the thumbnails side panel open. All I needed to do was close that side panel and the pasting worked.

By the way, I don’t see how to post this solution to the discussion for others to see. If you know how to do it, please do.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JR,

Thanks for the tip. It's not what I'm looking for but good to know if I need to insert an already existing image. However, I need to be able to paste from the windows clip board. I noticed that it is sometimes possible and other times it is not. I can't figure out why it isn't consistent.

Sincerely,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for reporting the issue, we have been able to get a consistent way to reproduce the problem and are working on a fix.

Meanwhile there is a workaround which you might find helpful:

Before you paste, just open the comments panel on the right and close it. You need to do this just once per Reader session,

-abhigyan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abhigyan,

This workaround did not work form me. What did work for me was to paste it to Word then copy from Word to PDF.

Regards,

nldijkje

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Not sure if you have had a resolution.

This might work for you. After you copied the image to clipboard, go to acrobat document and select toos on the menu bar --> Comments & mark up --> Stamps --> paste clipboard image as stamp tool. Then you click on the place you want to paste your clipboard image. You can also resize it to the size you want.

Hope this could help,

Sahatchai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahatchai,

Thanks very much for your idea but it wasn’t what I was looking for.

Actually, I stumbled on the solution. The problem is that you cannot paste from the clipboard when you have the thumbnails side panel open. All I needed to do was close that side panel and the pasting worked.

By the way, I don’t see how to post this solution to the discussion for others to see. If you know how to do it, please do.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to insert a .PDF without having to look up the file. I want to drag and drop, because we have a system with unimaginable complexity to get to the location of the files.

I didn't see an option for this in any of the workarounds listed above, because the insert from clipboard option is greyed out, and if I close the organize pages screen there is no other short cut to the "insert from clipboard'.

Also it would be really nice if I didn't have to use that side panel at all. It takes up too much screen real estate. I would like the insert from clipboard to appear i the toolbar at the top. Any help with that?

I'm starting to think Adobe is not worth the price anymore if basic tasks that are super simple in other .pdf software is going to slow me down to the point that each time I use it I loose a quarter of an hour. At that rate, it's a liability in a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree! The contortions you have to go through to accomplish simple tasks amaze me.

I have spent hours literally trying to figure out the simple.  Unfortunately, or fortunately I am done with this program.... going back to BlueBeam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is NOT Adobe. Adobe needs a file location and the items that you save to "clipboard" are NOT files. So, open up a blank sheet in Word and from "clipboard" (windows+v), copy (control+v), then save to the file location of your choice while changing the "File Type" to PDF, instead of Word Doc.

WDTJR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definately an Adobe problem. We paid for the Adobe Pro features, those features should include adding an image, inserting files using drag and drop, and erasing text and images without a headache. That is literally what we paid for. It's not something we should have to do in word then convert to a .pdf then insert that converted .pdf into the .pdf we are working on. That's rediculous, and not the point of Adobe pro.

I think the real problem here is that these features all exist, but no one knows how to use them, because they don't have tutorials on them, and if you call Adobe tech support they have no idea how to help you.

So back to the main premise. Adobe should set up how to turn on the permissions to show thumbnails (as this automatically comes turned off) so you can drag and drop in documents. Then it should have an erase button similar to a highligher (as an alternative to redact), and furthermore it should only require copy paste to insert images. That's what we paid for.

We want to be able to insert a small image along-side text. We want to be able to add stamps to tick off items as we review them. We paid for a software to be functional, otherwise we can just use NitroPro or some other competitor to get what we want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO RIGHT  YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE YO PAY FOR A VERY FRUSTRAING SYSTEM I AM SOOOOOOO OVER THIS ADOBE IS HORRIBLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me. Thanks for this solution!

"Actually, I stumbled on the solution. The problem is that you cannot paste from the clipboard when you have the thumbnail side panel open. All I needed to do was close that side panel and the pasting worked."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this method worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is exactly what I needed! So glad this still worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though this was a long time ago (I just saw it), I wanted to say that all you have to do after you have copied it into Word is to "Save" it to the file location of your choice while changing the "File Type" to PDF, instead of a Word Doc. 

WDTJR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using snipping tool. I figurate to do the paste with control V, but then the image covers all the area and do not let me resize it. Is a pain in the ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes (sadly, not always) you simply need to reduce the size of your PDF (usually 50% works for me). When you can see your pasted object and the edges of the PDF you are pasting into, you may be able to resize the object you are pasting. HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot paste from Word to the header/footer field.  The menu highlights paste, but nothing happens.  This started a few months ago.  Any suggestions?

richardas11937495_0-1665156152062.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win Taste + V paste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to actually open the side pane for the paste to work....things have changed in 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had trouble pasting from snip, sometimes it works and sometimes is doesn't

I found that sometimes if you change from the pointer tool to the hand tool then it works.

It was very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip, Paula. I will try it when I have that issue, as it comes up regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines