Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 plagued by internal error occurred on saving a file

Sep 19, 2012 4:05 AM

Tags: #bug_report #save_error

CS6 (win 7) I am plagued by CS6 failing to save a file with the message dialog that an internal error occurred and no idea how to diagnose or fix it.

This is is simple file containing 20 symbols one to a page. Sometimes restarting reopening and saving will work, sometimes renaming and relocationg the file will work, sometimes it doesn't.

The inability for this program to save your work is a bug of the highest severity and priority.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to DrKanukie

This is a bug that got so bad with CS6 that I had to kick out Fireworks out of my workflow. Adobe ignores this problem completely. It is persistent since 5 years. They do not care about it, they never will. You are lucky that you only get the Internal Error. For me the file simple closes, Fireworks crashes without any error message and sometimes the file is completely destroyed and cannot be reopened. Fireworks is dead because of this.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 9:47 AM   in reply to Andrej Balaz

same things happening here, besides the standard memory error.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to DrKanukie

I resolved this issue by renaming two files at: C:\Documents and Settings\your.name\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS6\English:

Fireworks CS6 Panel Prefs.xml

Fireworks CS6 Preferences.txt

Changing them to:

Fireworks CS6 Panel PrefsOLD.xml

Fireworks CS6 PreferencesOLD.txt

After renaming these files, Fireworks operates normally again.

I am running Windows XP Professional, so the file path may be slightly different if you are on a different version of Windows, but the files should be somewhere near the same path.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points