I wish we had animation options.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to Avishai-Taashur

If you're talking about HTML with pure JS animations, take a look at Adobe Edge here: http://edge.adobe.com/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Avishai-Taashur

Requests for new features in Dreamweaver should be submitted through the Feature Request/Bug Report form at http://adobe.ly/DWBug.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 3:38 AM   in reply to Avishai-Taashur

Well previous(older) versions of Dreamweaver had a visual Timeline panel, which would allow you to animate elements on the page (via Javascript).. this has been removed and not been replaced with anything!... it's disappointing that you have to now invest in another application (edge) just to do what should have been possible in the DW environment

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to dmello

The whole idea behind the creative cloud is to give you all the software under one umbrella. Features are deprecated for a number of reasons not least being that there are better alternatives from Adobe. Like Sudarshan said, do try out Edge before you feel disappointed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to dmello

In truth, Timelines were all Flash based (not JavaScript).  Flash doesn't work on iPhone, iPad, iTouch, Android and other popular web devices.  You would be much better off using jQuery effects.  Incidentally, jQuery is open source (free).

http://api.jquery.com/category/effects/

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Actually, dmello is correct. Dreamweaver did have a JavaScript-based Timeline panel. If I remember correctly, it was removed in Dreamweaver 8 (or maybe CS3), but there was such an outcry, an updater was issued to reinstate it. However, the code was so ancient, the Timeline panel was permanently removed in Dreamweaver CS4.

Edge Animate is much more powerful. What's more, you could get a perpetual license to version 1.0 of Edge Animate even with a free Creative Cloud account. I'm not sure if that offer is still available because the current version of Edge Animate is now 1.5, but it's worth checking if you don't have a full Creative Cloud account and you're looking for a replacement for the Timeline panel. Of course, with a full Creative Cloud subscription, you get the latest version of Edge Animate and any future updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to David_Powers

I stand corrected, David.  I remembered Timelines as all Flash and no substance.  

N

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points