Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roll Over Text Effect

Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i achieve a rollover text color change as seen here: http://lecaid.com  when you mouse over "portfolio""about""contact".

The page might take a little bit to load, but any help would be great.

Im assuming its some kind of rollover script.

Thanks.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

One way would be to use the text as a mask over a gradient that you move beneath it based on ROLL_OVER and ROLL_OUT events.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to use the text as a mask over a gradient that you move beneath it based on ROLL_OVER and ROLL_OUT events.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ill try that out.

do you think i would achieve the fading in and out part by using a gradient?

To me it seems like its a mask that fades in/out based on the roll over, but the fading goes from left to right.

I think i could do the fading in and out of the color but that "graident" effect is what really caught me. Possibly that is what you meant, so i will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The gradient lies behind the text mask.  It is a gradient from the gray to the pinkish color, and I would say it is a radial gradient.  You slide the gradient across beneath the text, stopping where the pink is for the rollover and continuing off to the right so that the gray is restored for the rollout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines